The swagger thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here is my submission for the "Swag Analysis"

It's just a BP with just the fastest & wildest in the league... I just love the way she glides up to the plate :cool:

[video=youtube_share;5KG1k0pe5zA]http://youtu.be/5KG1k0pe5zA[/video]

The catcher is a bit funny.

Down on one knee … and so deep behind the batter that his target for the catcher is sort of useless … sort of fun to see him repeatedly let the ball get past him … not exactly cat-like reflexes. Despite not being of much use either providing a target or catching the ball, he goes without catcher’s equipment … he places himself in danger of a sharply fouled ball, while not providing much upside benefit to being there in the first place.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
FFS you would love him too... DD's most favorites COACH ever !!!!!!!!! You forgot the Flip Flops he has on :cool:

He's trying to get this girl some reps pitching... you can't ask the team to hit off her ...knowing half will get hit, if you got on protection.

The video is poor... I had it in the back stop post on the other diamond.... I had it set to cover the whole infield. I cropped dd out of for this an the avatar.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Swag .......

2h6vhx5.gif

Feb 12, 2014
I'm pretty sure he had head trauma before that at bat. Actually, before he ever got to the big leagues!

Nah. That is more like false bravado. Swagger is more understated. If I was pitching he would have head trauma his next AB. Ok more like a reddened thigh with my arm speed. But you get my point.

Sep 17, 2009
Swag .......

2h6vhx5.gif

Next frame should be catcher jumping on his back from behind for showing up his pitcher, then the rest of the opposing dugout piling on Matrix-2 style, likely while his "teammates" stood by and watched him get what he deserved before the pitcher retaliated at one of them...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Swag .......

2h6vhx5.gif

Next frame should be catcher jumping on his back from behind for showing up his pitcher, then the rest of the opposing dugout piling on Matrix-2 style, likely while his "teammates" stood by and watched him get what he deserved before the pitcher retaliated at one of them...

I understand.

The Manny pimp-walk is a bit much.

It is swag however. The point being that it can be overdone.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I have never seen anything like Mannay's roid rage antics in fastpitch so the point is moot. Back to our regular scheduled programming of showing good examples of real world plate presence of our DDs.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I have never seen anything like Mannay's roid rage antics in fastpitch so the point is moot. Back tour regular scheduled programming of showing good examples of real world plate presence of our DDs.

Okay, I hear you.

I'm all for the approach of "fake it until you make it" .... which is basically what is happening at this age. Over time you want to clean up the mechanical issues, at which point swag becomes much more real IMO.

Example ... over time the "Level Then Swing" approach can be substituted for a "Level as you Swing" approach, and such an "attack from the top" mentality can help lead to improved confidence and an outward appearance of swag.

1yveol.gif

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Thanks for the gif FFS, I was hoping that by posting it in a thread called swagger and in the practical hitting forum that I would get some free swing advice from you. It was worth every penny.