The swagger thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
So does mine. Well, she doesn't always hit it. ...

I absolutely agree that confidence is an asset. But I also think that if you put up Alex Hugo numbers, then any style that you happen to have will be considered cool and confident. It can be a chicken/egg thing. I'd like to see 10 hitters on video and try to guess which ones are the best hitters based on their 'swag' in the batters box. Wonder if there is anything to it.

I think there is a lot to it at least at lower levels. I do think it is a chicken/egg thing though but in a different way. I think hitting breeds success and success breeds confidence and confidence breeds hitting. The trick is how t get on the merry go round.

I posted this a couple of times, but this same kid was terrified in the box this time last year. I bribed her for a hit one day and she got it and she never looked back. I am going to try to find a clip from last year.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I look for the swagger when calling pitches. If they have it they get respect and we work the zone. If they have no swagger and look like a sheep facing the wolf we go right at them.

Jan 7, 2013
Maybe this will work.

36f7t.gif

Me: Finish your swing!
DD: Uh, [smirk], it went to the fence.

Aug 12, 2014
I think there is a lot to it at least at lower levels. I do think it is a chicken/egg thing though but in a different way. I think hitting breeds success and success breeds confidence and confidence breeds hitting. The trick is how t get on the merry go round.

ITA, it's all about the confidence. In our second game Saturday, we faced a really good pitcher and our girls were done before they even got to the plate. They are all good hitters and could've hit her, but they didn't have a chance. Sunday, we faced a good pitcher the first game, although not quite as good, but the girls decided they were going to hit. And they hit the crap out of the ball in both games off of good pitchers. We're probably going to face that same team again this weekend, so we'll see if the confidence carries over.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Here is my submission for the "Swag Analysis"

It's just a BP with just the fastest & wildest in the league... I just love the way she glides up to the plate :cool:

[video=youtube_share;5KG1k0pe5zA]http://youtu.be/5KG1k0pe5zA[/video]

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
that is some good swag PC. I might have a little swag envy....nice dirt brush move with the foot and nice use of the bat to stretch the arms...I give it a 9 out of 10 on the SWAGOMETER. She gets 1 point deducted for it being BP and not live.

The girl before her shuffling her feet and dragging her bat gets a 0 on the SWAGOMETER.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
here is a clip of an at bat from last year when she was being a scaredy cat...this was earlier in the same day as the big bribe that turned her around.

[video=youtube_share;U40XmfFiN7w]http://youtu.be/U40XmfFiN7w[/video]

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Thx !!! We call that Landscaping.... She really has long drawn out routine for Landscaping "Her Circle"...its got to be Perfect. Except when she is finished... she leaves ruts for the next girl trespassing on Her property :cool:

The other girl is a Big Hitter, she just wasn't getting any even close....WILD Pitcher Practice

Thats what I was wanting to show.... Lots of girls (4-5) got beamed that day...& everyday she pitched. DD knew the chances went up 100% w/ this pitcher.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12