As the sun sets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
GD.
I'm late to this discussion and I feel your pain!! I haven't been around fastpitch board for a while due to our own softball drama. My DD is a sophomore who plays Division 1.
The summer before she entered college as a freshman she found out that the coaches that recruited her as a 10th grader were terminated and a new staff was brought in.
These new coaches have done everything in their power to get my DD to quit the team since she was a freshman. Similar team drama and roller coaster. PLUS She suffered an overuse injury of several tears in her elbow but continued to work hard to try to please her coaches.

She wrapped up her season last weekend. On Monday her coaches sat her down and said we will give you the same offer you had this season, (full tuition and small amount for room and board) IF YOU DON"T PLAY!!! They flat out told her we don't like you! This was already obvious but they finally just said it.

What a waste of taxpayer money.
Anyway, my DD is now deciding whether she wants to continue playing by trying to transfer or to just quit and accept the offer.
She is heartbroken and pissed at the same time. She loves softball.
Anyway, the thought of seeing my DD quit after spending so much of her life dedicated to this sport saddens us all but life goes on.

We are hoping that the next chapter brings her to a better place than the one she was in. Take Care.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30