As the sun sets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
thanks for sharing.....and "no worries" brother....you all had a great run in softball and it's just time for another chapter in your family's life....I have really enjoyed all your posts and keep them coming please....

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Thanks for sharing. Look at it this way, you got an extra few years than most of us will ever get.

btw...Working in Memphis for most of my adulthood, I bet I've worked with some people that know your daughter. I've met many good people from the Munford area.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I know where you are coming from. It is always painful when sports ends for your DD. It is hard to describe.

It was a good ride, and I know you enjoyed it.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
am I going anywhere?

Heck naw!! Just because my DD isn't playing doesn't mean old GD has to crawl in a hole and die. :)

For those still with active daughters, I do ask that you all allow me to "live" the game thru your eyes. Post as much as you can, no matter how big or how small.

Again thank you, everyone. All the kind remarks warmed my heart today.

Nov 14, 2011
As the softball road ends for your DD, I hope that you continue to share your great experiences with your extended family here on DFP. The great thing about coming to a community like DFP is that we get to learn from parents like you that have so much knowledge in the sport that we all love. Please continue to contribute and help guide us down the bumpy road. Heck, if you start missing it too much, I will gladly let you guide my DD down the right path. It is obvious to everyone here you know a ton about softball and your daughter is blessed to have someone like you to call you her dad. :eek:

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Thanks GD for giving me the perspective I didn't have 20 years ago when I hung up my cleats by choice in college. Like your daughter, the locker room atmosphere was a contributing factor. I didn't understand back then why my parents took it so hard. Now I can see that parents of softball players enjoy the ride as much as the players themselves. My parents made good friends - lifelong friends - with other TB and college parents and truly enjoyed the 5 game Saturdays and doing laundry for the team at some red roof inn in the middle of nowhere at 11 pm. I was fortunate to have such outstanding support from them, as your DD is to have your support. That support never went away, it was just redirected. Best of luck to you and your daughter. Maybe in time she will enjoy playing in a "beer league" and she can enjoy the sport once again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12