Pop Time of 1.67 and home to first of 2.8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Please give me a sanity check. Ok, I know I am not all there but throw me a bone.

Have a 17yo player who's parents claim has a pop time of 1.67 seconds and home to first of 2.8 (from the right side). My years of coaching and seeing her play say, yeah right! However, for a moment let's assume that those numbers are real. With that in mind where would that place her in terms of 2016's nationally? I am thinking that most SEC/PAC-12 catchers are not throwing up those numbers much less a 2016 High School player. What say you?
so Ray Ray gave up pitching?

Feb 14, 2010
Ya its complete bunk RB. My daughter used to take catching lesson from one of the best defensive C in the entire country and she always said her pop was mid 1.6-1.7. I timed her myself in games and never got anything under 1.78 & teams hardly ever executed a SB against her.

Pop times are almost as exaggerated as 40 times in football

Dec 19, 2012
Please give me a sanity check. Ok, I know I am not all there but throw me a bone.

Have a 17yo player who's parents claim has a pop time of 1.67 seconds and home to first of 2.8 (from the right side). My years of coaching and seeing her play say, yeah right! However, for a moment let's assume that those numbers are real. With that in mind where would that place her in terms of 2016's nationally? I am thinking that most SEC/PAC-12 catchers are not throwing up those numbers much less a 2016 High School player. What say you?

She would be already verballed to a major D1 program. As a matter of fact, she would have verballed in 8th grade. Those are Team USA numbers.......

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Didn't you hear? Grandpa had to retire from gunning is G/Daughter. He hurt his back trying to get her to 55 mph.

I always get a chuckle out of the Radar Grandpa references. We need to get TMZ to do a "where are they now" expose on him and his DGD! Based on her age and the year of the video she should be in college now....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse