Softball tackle? and the recovery.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
My point was more about the ejection talk but I'd lean towards batter interfering 1B since she should be looking where she's supposed to be running instead of the ground. If the runner had moved I think it's safe to say the ball could have been caught.

Interfering. ;) HAHAHAHA! You fixed it while I was posting and it even corrected in the quote.

An umpire moment based on something you said ... "where she's supposed to be" is NOT something that is in the rulebook or a standard for an obstruction/interference call. While we want to default to that as human nature, the ONLY time that comes close to a consideration is the runner's lane.

Aug 31, 2020
Interfering. ;) HAHAHAHA! You fixed it while I was posting and it even corrected in the quote.

An umpire moment based on something you said ... "where she's supposed to be" is NOT something that is in the rulebook or a standard for an obstruction/interference call. While we want to default to that as human nature, the ONLY time that comes close to a consideration is the runner's lane.
I know, I had the words backwards. I'm no ump and that's no easy call. Again, my point was more about calling for an ejection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles