More High School Politics and BS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I thought I read in your original removed post that your DD's are twins. From my experience with a few set of twins on DD's teams sometimes they don't have the same athletic abilities. Most times the parents don't see it nor believe that to be true. Some believe that regardless twins come as a package deal. Not saying this applies to you and is JMHO.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Tatonka, I forget to mention that your OP was not out of line at all!

Thanks CB but I really do wish I had simply written it as a letter to myself. I was angry and surprised (still am truth be told) by the way it all went down. Yes, there was quite a bit of support to my OP though I am still at a loss as to how it went from having many "thanks" to only a couple? I consider quite a few of the peeps here at DFP as friends, some whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in person, some whom I've had softball related business dealings with and others who just touch base every now and then.

ps. Just came in from a fun game of catch with one of my DD's and both of us were laughing, joking and having a good time just throwing the ball around. I hope that isn't considered going overboard or being a psycho Dad!! ;-)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Everyone needs to vent sometimes. Nothing wrong with it. You fixed it if that is what you wanted. I am no one to talk. I deleted my first 1,500 posts on this site out of anger. I wish I had some of them back.

Dec 7, 2011
Tatonka - I came in late here and didn't see your OP but here is how our society works today (it's a simple equation):

Somebody says something with an opinionated and challenging tone to it.

General America immediately gets offended and wants to find a victim in what you said,.. overlooking any solid messaging that you may have communicated (but note I didn't see yer OP)

You are then labelled a bigot/racist/whacko/etc

Step & repeat.

May 4, 2016
After reading these posts I feel like the odd man out. My only goal for my dd is to play high school ball. She just finished up her second season of rec ball and just moved up to a competitive team starting with fall ball playing 12u. She is a good player with lots of natural ability and is now starting to get the instruction she needs with catching lessons and hitting lessons. But while I think she will become a good player maybe one of the top 2 or 3 catchers in her age group in our town of about 30,000, she is never going to be good enough to play at the schools where her academics and interests take her (UCLA, Harvard, Iowa). The goal is to play high school ball win a championship or two instead of a D2 or NAIA scholarship.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
After reading these posts I feel like the odd man out. My only goal for my dd is to play high school ball. She just finished up her second season of rec ball and just moved up to a competitive team starting with fall ball playing 12u. She is a good player with lots of natural ability and is now starting to get the instruction she needs with catching lessons and hitting lessons. But while I think she will become a good player maybe one of the top 2 or 3 catchers in her age group in our town of about 30,000, she is never going to be good enough to play at the schools where her academics and interests take her (UCLA, Harvard, Iowa). The goal is to play high school ball win a championship or two instead of a D2 or NAIA scholarship.

There are many girls playing softball at top academic D3s that provide need-based financial aid. A good number of those girls take it seriously, work hard, and are pretty good even though they only play for fun. It was the right choice for my DD.

Nov 18, 2013

It's way too early to count her out. With good instruction you'd be surprised how far she can go.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
There are many girls playing softball at top academic D3s that provide need-based financial aid. A good number of those girls take it seriously, work hard, and are pretty good even though they only play for fun. It was the right choice for my DD.

There are some very average TB players playing for some lower D1, D2 and D3 schools because they have the passion to play and they have the grades to qualify for academic money. I cannot stress enough the importance of a good GPA and ACT/SAT score during the recruiting process. A coach trying to fill a team may have to give a STUD pitcher a full athletic scholarship, so the best way to make up for that is finding other players who either do not need much athletic money or can qualify for academic money.

Feb 13, 2013
My daughter went to a D3 school. She could have played elsewhere but choose this one due to academics and financial aid package she received. Find the school that has the program your daughter wants to study, graduating with a quality education and degree is far more important. Regarding HS softball, if your daughter is unhappy look for an alternative program to play during that time frame or work on conditioning and skills. College coaches could care less if a someone does not play HS softball. I have only see one college coach come to a HS game, it was a local college and a player they recruited was playing on that team .I am sure the player wishes they never came, she had a bad game and the team played like the Bad News Bears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55