Heads up ! Heads up! It's Friday check in time!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Ok my DFP peeps. What's going on this weekend? Who's playing where and what?
My daughter will be guest playing this weekend at Chino Hills Big League Dreams for a 14u team.

BLD is great. When you can drink a G&T, watch Sunday NFL and your DD play a friendly all at the same time, doesn't get much better than that!

This weekend DD has a 4 game friendly hosted by the "mother ship".

Oct 10, 2011
VA

We are in a USSSA Cancer Awareness tournament in VA. DD will play against several girls that go to her school. I always think it's weird when you travel and end up playing someone from your home town.

I'll be there too. Don't remember what age bracket you guys are in but we are in the 18's. Two different HS Homecomings too. Could be rough, missing some bats. Makes the lineups easier with only 9 though..
Slappers, we are 18U also and this is DD'S first tournament with this team. We've been rained out this fall. We have to use some girls on the 16u team to have enough this weekend.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
DD has her end of season single elimination tournament tomorrow so hopefully it will be a long day. Sunday morning I have 8 am and 11 am coed slow pitch games, then DD has TB tryouts at 1:30 and a 5 pm pitching lesson.

Going back to work on Monday will feel like a vacation compared to the craziness on the weekends.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
DD will be in the ASA Monster Ball Tourney in Las Cruces, NM. The youngest three of the six organization's teams are going (10U, 12U, and one of the 14Us). Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 50s. Perfect. It's 2 pooled games into seeded double elimination. I'm concerned because DD has only practiced pitching a couple of times this week (she will today before we leave though), but she's been hitting the snot out of the ball with her new LXT. Head's up, New Mexico, DD named her bat "The Chosen Juan."

Good luck to everybody. Be safe.

Feb 13, 2013
14U DD is playing in St.Louis Showcase this weekend. They won 10-3 this morning and last information I received they were up 3-0 in 5th inning of game 2. I am at home with 16U daughter, she plays the Orland Park A's College Exposure tournament.Next weekend I will be in St.Louis for my 16U DD's Showcase tournament.

Anyone else playing in St.Louis next weekend?

Jun 11, 2013
Trying to remain alive in losers bracket of end of season inter league tournament.

second pitcher is out, Starting catcher is out, backup catcher (DD has cast on her wrist) can't catch, down to 9 players. Hopefully 2 wins on Saturday to stay alive for next week.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Slappers, we are 18U also and this is DD'S first tournament with this team. We've been rained out this fall. We have to use some girls on the 16u team to have enough this weekend.

We should be ok as long as no one gets hurt. I'm gonna have 4 missing. Got an email from the TD saying the games on field 2 are gonna be on field 3. That's typically a LL field I think. That only matters if you're playing B though and in pool A. Not sure about the Other fields if you're playing with the A teams.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
14U DD is playing in St.Louis Showcase this weekend. They won 10-3 this morning and last information I received they were up 3-0 in 5th inning of game 2. I am at home with 16U daughter, she plays the Orland Park A's College Exposure tournament.Next weekend I will be in St.Louis for my 16U DD's Showcase tournament.

Anyone else playing in St.Louis next weekend?

Not the Cardinals. ;-P

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD playing in the East Coast Showdown this weekend. Going with only 10 players after 2 injuries and one test. Sucks for the one kid on the bench but maybe I can get them to learn to score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877