Zooming for a Friday Check in 6/10/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
We ended up getting to play both the 05 EC Bullets and the 05 Thunderbolts yesterday. Predictably, we lost both games but not as badly as I would have expected. I mean, still badly. But not like, 27 to 0. The Bullets were less polished then I expected (though as the only 06 team in their pool I'm sure we got their bottom of the line defensive positioning) but still very good. The Thunderbolts blew me away, honestly. They looked like pros. I don't even know how 10 year olds get to that point so young. Very impressive.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
DD playing in first 14U tournament of the year this weekend.

School ball still active for us, with our HS team in the State quarters,
and our #1 pitcher has been "called-up" from JV to the expanded roster.

So 12U DD will carry the brunt of the load in the circle tomorrow,
and we get our full roster back on Sunday.

Excited to get the travel ball rolling!

awesome Saturday!
rough Sunday...

welcome to the big leagues!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Rough weekend for us...weather was most uncooperative!! Friday, they started first game at 3 p.m. Rain delay at 3:30 p.m. Canceled remaining Friday games. Posted new bracket after midnight Friday night - now games are 1 hour 20 minutes (previously 1 hour 40 minutes)...unfinished game starts 8 a.m. Saturday. We get to fields just before 7 a.m. They warm up. Our field is still too wet to play on. Delayed almost 2 hours...finally start. Lost to bombers 3-2. Now we find out our next game is 20-25 minutes away...drive over, play (it is humid hot 95 degrees), win (5-3 dd pitched and was not her best peformance sigh). Now we have game break but we have to go back to the first park. DD & I take a break, then drive over...wait and wait and wait...finally play at 8:20 (should have played at 4:20). Bottom of 3rd inning, skies burst open...rest of tournament is canceled. BTW - this was an ASA Gold qualifier...so they went with whatever method they have and granted berth to 6 qualifying teams. Hard to believe because most teams barely played 3 games. :confused:

Anyway, DD hit a HR the unfinished game on Saturday morning...several coaches saw it, and pinged our recruiting coordinator. Now we have scheduled visits and camps! Just like that! Holy moly! LOL!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Thanks - who are you with?
Boo plays for the East Coast Elite. They are in Pennsbury this weekend. We play the Stop DWI (Blue Chip) that used to be in Binghampton but was moved to Shamong. I wonder if the coaches will follow?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00