Zooming for a Friday Check in 6/10/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
DD playing in PONY qualifier in MA this weekend. Will be first game of the season I've missed.

I need to get a parent to run the gamechanger so I can get updates while coaching DS team in first round of his LL baseball play-offs.

Supposed to be a gorgeous weekend up here.

Jun 12, 2015
We have a Saturday only 4GG. I expect we'll get knocked out in the bracket game (3 pool, single elimination). This one has some really good, 2nd year 10U teams. I'm looking forward to it after last weekend.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
DD playing in first 14U tournament of the year this weekend.

School ball still active for us, with our HS team in the State quarters,
and our #1 pitcher has been "called-up" from JV to the expanded roster.

So 12U DD will carry the brunt of the load in the circle tomorrow,
and we get our full roster back on Sunday.

Excited to get the travel ball rolling!

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
DD1 and DD2 playing the KC Metro NSC College Exposure Tournament. So far no game conflicts as DD2 plays a 2 and 3:30 and DD1 plays at 5 and 6:30 though DS plays at 6 but is only 20 minutes away. DW and I will need to flip a coin to see who is going to his game.

DD2 is the primary catcher for her team and the other catcher is out due to injuries so she will get a lot of time behind the plate. With the heat they have had to use one of the other girls as a back up. If the coach is unable to find another catcher our back up is good, but she is also our #1 pitcher. With the weather expected to be +100 degree heat index DD2 will need a break at some point.

DD1 was injured last weekend with a pulled thigh muscle, so this will be her first tournament behind the plate since high school ended in mid May.

Will be hot, but it will be fun.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
First tourney - PGF qualifier in Indiana. Or Illinois. One of those states.

Forgot to mention - DD will be making her catching debut on Saturday. A bit nervous for her but she will only catch during pool play.
If you run across WA teams, root for our girls as you walk by, would you? I have friends on both teams. I'm usually a loud mouth and I'm sitting this one out. I'm sure they miss me already! 😂

And tell your DD she's gonna be awesome! Confidence!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
We are off this weekend so I'm actually going to "watch" a local tournament instead of coach. Next week we are in a USA Elite qualifier with some of the best teams in the state and surrounding states, so I'm really excited to see our new team competes. Another ASA qualifier the next week.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD playing in first tournament of 2016. Just local this week, then we start racking up some miles next week... Looking forward to seeing rdbass's DD play in a few weeks. My DDs team and her team are in the same tournament. Get the lawn chairs ready bass!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad