Going Crazy......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you Texas folks been begging for rain since 2012? When I was down there last year "dust bowl" seemed to be the best description. Sheesh, Texans are hard to please.

(----And this one invested in a 500 gallon rain water tank to water their lawn.:(

May 6, 2012
Texas
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you Texas folks been begging for rain since 2012? When I was down there last year "dust bowl" seemed to be the best description. Sheesh, Texans are hard to please.

Yes we were begging for rain but not for flooding. If this rain would spread out more we would not have this thread open. And Texans are not hard to please we just need rain for our grass, beer/whisky to keep our whistle wet, and good weather for our football and softball. Thats not too much to ask for lol

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Didn't some place in Texas get an inch in a few minutes?

I got trapped in a monsoon once, and even a monsoon isn't THAT bad. Getting to Noah's Ark time.

I haven't seen/heard the exact quote, but they estimated Houston area got 2 to over 4 inches per hour of rainfall Monday night through Tuesday morning (the storms raged from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m.); and then we got hit again Wednesday morning for about 2-3 hours. And now we are about to get hit with even more storms...it is currently quiet but there is lightning in the horizon that I can see from my office. I may be swimming home this afternoon. :rolleyes:

I think every major city in Texas is seeing some sort of flood disaster.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Just got word our tourney with 28 10u teams got cancelled due to wet fields and more rain in the forecast.

On the plus side, our LL games have been able to play this week and it's looking good for tonight.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Yes, but making up the entire drought in a matter of days????? :p
We didn't get water in the house, but a lot of our new neighbors weren't so lucky.

We were supposed to play this past weekend in a knock off the rust tournament now that all our HS girls are back. Didn't happen -rain. Scheduled to play in the organization friendly this weekend in San Antonio. Hopefully that will happen. Next weekend is the PGF Qualifier.

Practice? What's that???

Friendly schedule for this weekend just canceled.
Maybe not so bad since DD is sick.

Oct 22, 2009
Didn't some place in Texas get an inch in a few minutes?

I got trapped in a monsoon once, and even a monsoon isn't THAT bad. Getting to Noah's Ark time.

In the real big storm 2 weeks ago, my town got 8.8 inches in 4 hours. Town flooded pretty good, didn't see DH all day since he's a first responder and people kept driving off into the ditches.
I also lost a good size tree and power for most of the day.
The 24 hour total was 12 inches.
It's about averaging a storm every other day right now. Had one this morning another one due in tomorrow.:(

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I saw on the internet news that part of the Pig Trail highway in Arkansas is closed due to mudslides caused by flooding. That used to be the main way we would drive from Fayetteville to Little Rock. Very interesting road to drive, with hairpin turns you would not believe. A friend of mine made the mistake of driving that road in the winter, when it was covered with snow. Cost him a lot of money to get his car towed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12