Going Crazy......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
3 weeks ago cancelled tournament, next weekenend rain out again, this weekends tournament cancelled on Friday due to rain but tournament director finds us another tournament that still had good fields and they were willing to let us get in late. We drive the additional 30 mins (2hrs 45mins) get in two pools and the bottom falls out and hasn't stopped hear in Houston. I am sure tomorrow will be cancelled. Frustrating!

Jul 3, 2013
Today washed out. Again. 8 tourneys in a row should be a lot of games. We've played 16.

I did have back up plans for this afternoon, though. Pulled the dress clothes out of the back of the closet and went to a wedding. Wow, those pants are tight.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Washed out today as well.
DD #3 was supposed to have her first start of the season today. Instead will pitch tomorrow 8:00 AM. I'm not getting much sleep tonight.

Edit to add: just checked the weather forecast. Should be high 30s when we leave, low 40s for warmup and low to mid 40s game time. Wow.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Finally! The rains held off and we did get to play in the Houston Power friendly RR yesterday. Four 90 minute games starting @ 9a with 15 minutes between each game. Big shake off the rust/get back on the dirt opportunity for our team and DD did well pitching and hitting playing up in 16U.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We thought we had it covered by entering a tournament with turf infields but grass outfields. BBUSA Houston. It WAS a beautiful day to start. We got in our 2 pool games and then we started our 1st bracket game. With the score 1-0 our favor and 17 minutes to go, the umps took us off the field due to lightning. Then 20 mins later the rain came. No biggie right? We are on turf fields. We had a coaches meeting to see what our options were. Well the bottom fell out even worse. The outfields were now lakes and the walk ways were raging rivers!!! Dang it!! We all go home and wait for word for Sunday options. More rain dumps on us. Email came at 10pm that the tourney is cancelled. I feel sorry for those parents that drove all the way from Oklahoma!

Next week: PGF Qualifier at the ScrapYard. ALL turf facility. I like our chances...not a winning, but being able to play.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
We thought we had it covered by entering a tournament with turf infields but grass outfields. BBUSA Houston. It WAS a beautiful day to start. We got in our 2 pool games and then we started our 1st bracket game. With the score 1-0 our favor and 17 minutes to go, the umps took us off the field due to lightning. Then 20 mins later the rain came. No biggie right? We are on turf fields. We had a coaches meeting to see what our options were. Well the bottom fell out even worse. The outfields were now lakes and the walk ways were raging rivers!!! Dang it!! We all go home and wait for word for Sunday options. More rain dumps on us. Email came at 10pm that the tourney is cancelled. I feel sorry for those parents that drove all the way from Oklahoma!

Next week: PGF Qualifier at the ScrapYard. ALL turf facility. I like our chances...not a winning, but being able to play.

I think they are good!
weather.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole