Going Crazy......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Yes, we feel your pain. More on lines of finding time to practice...we missed first TB practice (summer season) due to HS Softball banquet. Been watching forecast for tomorrow's practice...so far so good...but pretty sure fields will be dripping wet (10.5 inches in 7 hour period nucking futs!!). Think coaches will meet anyway for pitching/hitting practice...first "shake off rust" round robin this weekend. We shall see. :) I am just tired of seeing the rain chances being 60% and higher every.single.damned.day.

Remind me please, how much snow did you get this winter and how long did it delay the start of your spring season?:cool:

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Remind me please, how much snow did you get this winter and how long did it delay the start of your spring season?:cool:

You can play in snow. I've seen pictures. ;)

*ducks for cover in the storm shed*

Seriously, my house has been shaking from thunder/lightning/rain for the last 2 hours. I can't believe we got another monster storm after yesterday's storms. The creek by our house has got to be overflowing now.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The rain has been epic this spring!!! We have had 6 of out 12 tournament/events either cancelled or shortened due to rain this spring. We are playing on turf this weekend, but the outfield is still grass. I bet there are many league softball budgets that will include tarps next year, and I am sure some facilities might be considering going all turf too. The good news is that heat has stayed away.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Hm. Some of us live so far north we havent actually played in any tournaments so far. First tourney this weekend if the weather cooperates.

At least you don't have to shovel rain.

May 6, 2012
Texas
Yeah I don't get it during the week is okay weather with some sun and a good outlook then boom the weekend comes and the 60%+ rain comes through to ruin softball. I must not be talking to the right softball gods lol.

Yeah that sucks for you guys up north dealing with snow.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
The worst situations we get are when we have a cold winter with lots of snow followed by an unusually rainy spring.
One time a lake actually disappeared. Lake Delton was filled by a stream and the overflow went into the Wisconsin River. One year the flooding was so bad an embankment fell into the river, and several lakeside homes floated down the river. The lake completely drained. I walked on the lake bottom that fall. Drier than a California resovoir.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We have had rain In Alabama but it has impacted practices more than tourneys. Our first problem with rain during a tourney was this weekend and could not have hit at a worse time. Playing in a tournament hosted by our organization in our first year of 12U. Made it through to the semis but had to face our older sister team. We were leading 1-0 in the third when the bottom fell out. Our girls lost a chance to finish the game and get a chance at their first 12U championship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi