Going Crazy......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Anyone else losing there mind because of all this damn rain that's been coming through? I have enjoyed watching College softball but its not the same as being on the field. :mad:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you Texas folks been begging for rain since 2012? When I was down there last year "dust bowl" seemed to be the best description. Sheesh, Texans are hard to please.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you Texas folks been begging for rain since 2012? When I was down there last year "dust bowl" seemed to be the best description. Sheesh, Texans are hard to please.

Yes you're correct. As dry as it's been, it's hard to ask for it to stop because the lakes need to be filled. But damit man! Hope we get a break soon!

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I am in east TX and have 2 daughters paying TB on separate teams. Combined they have gotten in 5 days of outside/field practice since February with their travelball teams. Their practice basically comes in the tournaments, the few we have gotten to play. Back in April I kept saying the rain should let up in May......It has only gotten worse. Maybe at least some of these complexes will see the value of buying tarps for their fields.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Practice canceled again. They play this weekend. Coach said "Please practice at home". Um...what makes you think we can practice at home if we can't practice together as a team? I do not have an indoor field, and batting cages around here are not cheap. Sigh.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Practice canceled again. They play this weekend. Coach said "Please practice at home". Um...what makes you think we can practice at home if we can't practice together as a team? I do not have an indoor field, and batting cages around here are not cheap. Sigh.

That didn't stop Perfect Circle from practicing in the kitchen, did it?

But seriously, I do hope that the weather starts cooperating soon for y'all.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket

Yes, but making up the entire drought in a matter of days????? :p
We didn't get water in the house, but a lot of our new neighbors weren't so lucky.

We were supposed to play this past weekend in a knock off the rust tournament now that all our HS girls are back. Didn't happen -rain. Scheduled to play in the organization friendly this weekend in San Antonio. Hopefully that will happen. Next weekend is the PGF Qualifier.

Practice? What's that???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi