Only being used as a Pinch Runner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
2.995 20yd dash via ODM laser testing.
I asked that because at times catchers have somebody run for them because people are thinking they're saving the catcher's legs. ( or help with the time it takes when they get off the field to put their gear on)

Which we can see in the case of your daughter she has her own speed that she could run for herself. Probably the coach has a mindset save the catcher's legs and/or time with gear.

*What I am noticing is there are more hitters now who are NOT running for themselves that are not catchers.

Softball is switching out Runners at the rate of baseball switching out pitchers LOL

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
A good pitch runner is a very valuable weapon to have. However, I feel that a lot of club teams aren't teaching their slower runners good base running fundamentals. They don't understand proper angles and turns. They aren't able to read and anticipate pitches that are in the dirt early enough. They get doubled up quite a bit on hard infield line drives. They don't do a very good job of analyzing the defense positioning. The faster runners can do some of this naturally or have the pure speed to erase the fundamental mistakes they do make. A slower runner can still be a good baserunner but they have to work harder at it.

A like for the post, and for your handle/avatar . . .

2004a192276b094dde76bfe5ed720685.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles