Feedback on DD please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
Here's why IMO, OILF is a valuable DFP participant....

Pumpkinbear, you know I respect you (a lot). ;) Valuable (IMO) implies beneficial. I think many end up here as a sort of reprieve from what you mention... in hopes of something new... that's beneficial/valuable to them or their DD.

Although Slide was quite brash in his/her response to Amy... he/she did attempt to help the OP... sort of a bummer that it shook out as it did...

It makes me wonder if we're too quick (at times) to judge or incite rebuttals towards new members... and perhaps they become defensive quicker because of the awkwardness that surrounds 'being new'. A 'Welcome Mat' at the doorstep is much more inviting than a 'Beware of the Dog' sign in the window.

Not challenging the moderators decision on this one (as I respect them and the efforts involved in what they do)... just throwing out a few thoughts.

... (seriously, wouldn't you trade this coach for OILF?)

No. :eek:

As a parent, I do my best to provide opportunity for growth... and let my DD do the rest.

Example: If my DD was lactose intolerant - I'm not going to make her choose between a cheese stick OR a glass of milk... I'll reach for a bottle of soy. I'll do what I can to remove and prepare her for the negativity that this world contains... all the while showing and teaching her patience. Accepting mediocrity is self-defeating... or as Isaac D'Israeli said:

"It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA