Feedback on DD please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What I mean clearly, is not that you are posting over and over, but if the Youtube videos are in each request that is posted here, the site becomes too difficult to scroll through, for others to add to.

The stickies were developed for a purpose. Thank you.

Jun 26, 2010
What are the long term affects if DWB's DDs continue to pitch the way they do in the videos?

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
The 2 step drill has been very beneficial to my DD. She has a strong lower body and this is getting her to USE it. I've never had to tell her she couldn't do it in a game. Up to this point, she's never been called for an IP. :)

What we have seen is with the use of her legs more, fatigue effects her pitching much more than it use to. When her legs go, she's done. I'm hoping she'll get more stamina with more time.

Jan 25, 2011
Ok I guess I'll take on the cumbersome task of looking that video up again since Amy felt it necessary to delete the video. Too cumbersome ya know
By the way you just need to back off. You just join this site and some how you feel the need to start in on Amy. Not a smart move at all, Amy has helped more parents and more players, girls and boys then most everybody on this site. I have to ask what makes you such a authority on pitching?

Dec 16, 2010
I've no idea why the moderators allow OILF to continue on here. Her absolutely negative demeanor has driven and will continue to drive so many people away from this board...

javasource

Here's why IMO, OILF is a valuable DFP participant: OILF represents mainstream youth/HS softball coach-think.

She is no more resistant to learning or immune to logic/observation than 80% of the numerous coaches I've watched and dealt with over the last decade. Watching you (and others) deal with this has helped me adjust my expectations of coaches and deal with them effectively.

Your post #16 from this thread http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/18845-combating-hello-elbow-2.html , describing your dds HS experience (seriously, wouldn't you trade this coach for OILF?) has put my own frustration with coaches who insist on making their players hit/pitch the "right" way into perspective.

I agree with you that OILF seems irrationally hostile toward you (and boardmember), but it's only on DFP that her opinions are Out In Left Field. In my world, she's right down the middle.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I really appreciate all you do.

Jan 25, 2011
Lol...yea ok. I find anyone that teaches the flip doesn't know how to teach better one. What is it about your flip teaching methods that's so successful....please enlighten me
I know other ones, but like the flip, also that is what she learned from her PC.

DWB

May 27, 2014
Thanks again everyone!!

I really appreciate the great feedback and guidance....obviously I have a lot of work to do this Fall/Winter!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA