D1 pitcher wearing mask in game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I agree. I can't leave the house without them but she and others go out for hours. Would think their eyes would get fatigued. Maybe that is why she was never a great hitter? :)

I used to lose a pair of glasses just about every month till I had to get perscription ones again. Those 1 to 3 days before buy another pair of cheap sunglasses were always brutal.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I knew/watched players on Georgetown and that comment is insulting. They and the coaches have a lot they can teach--if you want to go on win-loss records for who should teach, then I would fire 50 percent of the 10u-14u coaches for a start.

There are outdoor training balls now that are like softees, and a lot of drills that would not create risk, so don't jump to any conclusions. It could even be indoors where those are required. The coaches know full well about liability. Finally, you try taking some of the Georgetown coursework and play softball at the same time. You also try and get softball players who can even meet their academic standards. And who want to play at a school that does not even have its own field.

I bet their clinics are full, so they don't need your kid.

Now there is a great analogy.
Paid college coach and a volunteer 10U coach. Nice work!

Dec 16, 2010
Oct 22, 2009
I'll never understand why anyone would think a pitcher wearing a mask is less capable than one without. If a pitcher would take a shot to the face more than likely the one with the mask will stay in the game.

When my DD played, no one wore masks, except the left fielder. She'd knocked her front teeth out with a foul tip. She had them put back in but always wore a mask in the field. No one thought she stopped being a good outfielder because now she wore a mask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA