Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2012
Rawlings Heart of The Hide gloves are fantastic. DD has owned two of them over the years. Frustrating thing with Rawlings is they are constantly changing the lineup/design. They even did away with HOH fast pitch models several years ago which pushed her to Nikons gloves. Current glove is PRO568SB-3B 12.5 inch glove with a fixed back. Great glove that is now discontinued..... Over the years she had 2 Mizuno, 1 Rawlings HOH, 2 Nokonas, and now another Rawlings HOH. IMO the Rawlings HOH gloves can’t be beat. Awesome leather that holds its shape extremely well. I’ll definitely have to check out the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach. I’m really interested to see what kind of selection they have.

Reactions: ian
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Rawlings Heart of The Hide gloves are fantastic. DD has owned two of them over the years. Frustrating thing with Rawlings is they are constantly changing the lineup/design. They even did away with HOH fast pitch models several years ago which pushed her to Nikons gloves. Current glove is PRO568SB-3B 12.5 inch glove with a fixed back. Great glove that is now discontinued..... Over the years she had 2 Mizuno, 1 Rawlings HOH, 2 Nokonas, and now another Rawlings HOH. IMO the Rawlings HOH gloves can’t be beat. Awesome leather that holds its shape extremely well. I’ll definitely have to check out the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach. I’m really interested to see what kind of selection they have.
Definitely worth checking out......but don’t get your hopes TOO high!

Since I’m always looking for Horween, Pro-Issue, Spring Training, and odd rare gloves, this years vacation run to the outlet was just blah :sick:

Now last year, heck yeah, it was awesome! You NEVER know what’ll be there? But do I recommend going if you’re close by, absolutely!

This year is was just the retail versions you can get anywhere, just some had much better prices, $160 HOH’s is a deal, but most were 11.5” / 11.75” baseball gloves for little leaguers. There was a few diamonds in the rough, just nothing I was interested in.

One of the employees told me they didn’t order the gloves, Rawlings sends them what THEY want them to have in the outlet store.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
To me this 12.25” Pro Preferred Spring Training glove was the deal, $260. Expensive still I know but PP’s retail for $360, so $100 off and a really odd, rare piece!

Sorry, pretty anti-climatic I know :rolleyes:, I can’t get pics to load here for some ******* reason!

You’ll just have to take my word, dang nice glove!

Jun 8, 2016
Took my crew shopping at Broadway at the Beach, hot and muggy as all get out!

Looked at my GPS and we were only 7 miles to the outlet, I didn’t ask......I told them we were going there to let Anna look at and try on that 206-6JTB. She “liked” it but politely declined me buying it, said she would wait for the Don Morton Pro1000 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There was probably 10 of them there, I picked out 4 or 5 that had VERY snug hand stalls! The wrist would more than likely need to be re-laced to the tightest setting, and these are small 12” gloves, so pattar, your DD could use one of these right away. In fact after going back today, I definitely recommend one!
Is the location of the Rawlings outlet you are talking about @ANNASDAD?

Tanger Outlets Myrtle Beach Hwy 501

Jun 8, 2016
Read my post #53, definitely worth checking out, you may love it!?
I just called them. The guy said the only 12" PRO 206-6JTB he has for 160 is a "blem"..so is he trying to sell me down the river or what?

Edit: Just talked to him again and he said there were more than he thought so his description matches yours in terms of the number he has there. Just bought it..we'll see how it goes.

No rush to break it in so other than playing a bunch of catch any recommendations for product to put on it (if any) ?

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2015
The “blem” is probably just a palm stain or the like. Most of time it’s not really anything noticeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12