Your top 3 gloves for MI

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The “blem” is probably just a palm stain or the like. Most of time it’s not really anything noticeable.
I just wanted to make sure that what @ANNASDAD was looking at was what this guy was talking about it before I bought anything and after talking to him again (originally said he only had 1 of those at that price..) it matches up.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I just called them. The guy said the only 12" PRO 206-6JTB he has for 160 is a "blem"..so is he trying to sell me down the river or what? He did say that was a 2019..were the ones you were looking at 2018?

Yeah, I showed that to Anna yesterday, couldn’t find one thing wrong with them! The Spring Training Pro1000 I bought last year was a blem, there was nothing wrong with it other than them screwing it up by stamping blem on the pinky!

Not sure but I think the 18 and 19 are the same glove?

If you want one, buy with confidence, blem can mean many different things from manufacturing to inventory control.

Jun 8, 2016
Exactly, and the 5 or 6 I handled did not have a palm stain.
I bought it. No rush to break it in so other than playing catch with it any recommendations for product to put on it?

FYI, my glove from HS through college was a Rawlings and it looked very similar to this (I have no idea what model it was and it somehow got lost between the time I went to graduate school and when I needed a glove again when my DD was born..) so I was a bit partial to that look..lol.

DD took a look and said she liked it so we shall see...How many more gloves do I need to buy before I get to be in the cool kids club with @ANNASDAD and @OsDad ?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I bought it. No rush to break it in so other than playing catch with it any recommendations for product to put on it?
Break it in dry, it’s Japanese tanned (JTan) leather, there’s already enough oil infused into for now.

Maybe some Obenauf’s beeswax to treat the inside liner, finger stalls, and heel binding & heel lace from sweat and moisture. Condition it after it’s broken in and starts looking dry, you’ll know when.

Jun 8, 2016
Break it in dry, it’s Japanese tanned (JTan) leather, there’s already enough oil infused into for now.

Maybe some Obenauf’s beeswax to treat the inside liner, finger stalls, and heel binding & heel lace from sweat and moisture. Condition it after it’s broken in and starts looking dry, you’ll know when.
Will do. Thanks!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

FYI, my glove from HS through college was a Rawlings and it looked very similar to this (I have no idea what model it was and it somehow got lost between the time I went to graduate school and when I needed a glove again when my DD was born..) so I was a bit partial to that look..lol.

DD took a look and said she liked it so we shall see...How many more gloves do I need to buy before I get to be in the cool kids club with @ANNASDAD and @OsDad ?
You’ll have to ask @OsDad, he’s the reigning glove king!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi