Young, little girl bat help needed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
Hookem- Don't sweat it; I for one appreciate the info. I've seen several of your posts on another site, and I always find them informative.
Seems as if every time a thread like this comes up, we always get the obligatory "Get her the walmart special in her favorite color."
I find this advice so helpful, seeing as how I've only seen it parroted at least 100 times. Not everyone wants to spend $$ at 8U/10U; we get it!!

For those that are looking for something a little more high-end, I think you've given some great options. I have no problem spending a few extra bucks on a decent product. My DD gets a kick out of using a style her older sisters may have used. And while she may not utilize 100% of the benefit a nice composite has to offer; if she does struggle, at least she knows better than to try to blame it on her equipment.:)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Was I serious...YES!
I'm not a rec/LL parent.....been involved with fastpitch for over 20 yrs,sold bats for over 15 yrs.
I seriously doubt anyone here has owned/tested/sold more FP bats than me unless its actually someone I know from the other message boards.
I can name every brand model,yr,make of every FP bat ever made! You need a review,help finding a deal,price check,etc....that's me!
Only here to help but people like you really turn me off. I shouldn't have to explain myself if you can't comprehend the info you are reading ......

Please come down from your soap box!
Not everybody will agree with everybody, and your opinion isnt the only correct one nor the right one all the time...even though you seem to think it is.

BTW, I have sold and bought more than you will ever imagine. I am a Miken/Worth/Combat Rep and I own a retail store. I also still play ball at a very high level. I dont need to shop on ebay so I can "flip" a bat. And I very seriously doubt you want to compare softball knowledge or bat knowledge with everybody here.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think what most are just trying to say is, keep the game fun at this point for her. Also, no need to buy the most expensive stuff out there with her age and still get a decent bat. She doesnt even know if she likes the sport and will keep playing it at all or even after one practice...haha.

Like hookem' said, you can shop ebay and get great deals for bats that would usually be over the top for her at this level, but you might be able to grab one for cheap enough to not pass up.
If you can grab a nice composite off ebay for almost the same price as an alloy or even a little more, its a better choice and might even make her enjoy the game a bit more.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2013
Thanks for all of the advice. We were able to find a older but new Easton Synge for about $50. Went an inch or two up (27"/ 15.5oz).
Seems to be ok.

Jun 12, 2012
I would go composite. I bought daughter an Easton Synge when she was that age and it was a good bat. Not as much pop as some other composites, but a fraction of the price too. You can find a 28" Synge online for like $50.

Mar 26, 2013
I bought a 28" Synge 2010 model and so far we like it. It's a little more bat than she needs, I am have her do some work w/ a 29" 19 to gain a little strength. She's 52" 55lbs just turned 8.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad