Ximena 10yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
I'm not sure all this is helping Ximena and her dad (party crashers). We all agree that weight has to move off the backside, I'm no expert but the goal is to coil weight forward while remaining over the rear leg (forward yet back) vs laterally shifting weight (all back , all forward) . AJ got better at stretching and starting his load swing sequence earlier giving him a better stretch that helped his elbow work longer through the zone. I agree with W on the weight getting more centered.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I'm not sure all this is helping Ximena and her dad (party crashers). We all agree that weight has to move off the backside, I'm no expert but the goal is to coil weight forward while remaining over the rear leg (forward yet back) vs laterally shifting weight (all back , all forward) . AJ got better at stretching and starting his load swing sequence earlier giving him a better stretch that helped his elbow work longer through the zone.

Great take Mike !! It's too bad Rich has never felt FYB.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I'm not sure all this is helping Ximena and her dad (party crashers). We all agree that weight has to move off the backside, I'm no expert but the goal is to coil weight forward while remaining over the rear leg (forward yet back) vs laterally shifting weight (all back , all forward) . AJ got better at stretching and starting his load swing sequence earlier giving him a better stretch that helped his elbow work longer through the zone. I agree with W on the weight getting more centered.

All the ‘help’ threads start and progress this way. Point out flaws, argue about how to fix flaws(hopefully shedding some light, entertainment and purpose) so the OP can figure out a direction to go in. Discussing things is how folks learn on here mostly. The ‘debates’ we have are good natured mostly. Lol. I guess it’s in the eye..

May 23, 2019

Thanks you always give good tips. So I found myself recently wanting to say "get your hips through" but also "stay back" lol didn't go over too well.

This is a little more clear and we'll work on this and creating this stretch feeling.

But as you coil the core the shoulders really shouldn't go with it?

May 16, 2019
Thanks you always give good tips. So I found myself recently wanting to say "get your hips through" but also "stay back" lol didn't go over too well.

This is a little more clear and we'll work on this and creating this stretch feeling.

But as you coil the core the shoulders really shouldn't go with it?
They do as part of the stretch and coiling forward IMO. Depending on your style of hitting will determine how much and how active they are. I teach a circle load so the obliques and low back are part of the core focus on in the loading. Some hitters rely too much on the transverse plane. The back muscles play a role too but I'll leave that alone.

Aug 20, 2017
Coil is loading the rear leg (back butt check towards pitcher until you feel the rear leg screw into ground). The stretch is the upper. Many ways to feel it but it is not loading the shoulders.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

The thinking is not 50/50. The thinking is not down and Then swing.

The thinking is spirals, learn how to go from 50/50 to the body being one legged into the rear column. Do everything under the head. It can be done as quick as this,

giphy.gif

Foot planting second! The back side is in control. That is why there are 100 things you could do with the stride.

The backside is in control. Sets it really quick. The foot front does its thing.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619