Ximena 10yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This is one legged in all its glory. Reach w a late hip shift and a Ferris wheel result.

Edit: what boggles my mind is you know how bad it is to get stuck and you still promote one legged mechanics. Getting stuck is probably the worst flaw one can cultivate in their swing.

You have no idea what is one legged by your post.

Aug 20, 2017
Try to stretch, load upper without counter rotating shoulders. Try to stretch the knob up the catcher and not behind her body. Looks rotational due to the counter rotation of the shoulders. Also, turn her rear foot slightly inward. She will have a feeling of “bouncing” off of it when she picks up front foot. She will need to resist “bouncing” off of it by maintaining her upper load until the moment of go. This will help with the “stuck back” that she has. Think “go forward but don’t don’t go forward”. Work her hands up a little sooner too. She’s got a lot of distance/time before the knob starts to work up. That will help shorten her swing. It’s long due to hands wanting to work down too far before working up. She got a really good swing for her age!!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You have no idea what is one legged by your post.

The fact that you want the hip to shift earlier is a tell that one legged is wrong. The definition of one legged has changed so many times I lost count. The hitter in question is one legged she shifts late like TM wants.. she collapses back side bc of it and has the Ferris wheel.

Here are the differences w AJs swings

One leg

1690853940683.gif

Two legs

1690853996924.gif

Watch the stride extend before/after the dynamic shift. It’s like night and day.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The fact that you want the hip to shift earlier is a tell that one legged is wrong. The definition of one legged has changed so many times I lost count. The hitter in question is one legged she shifts late like TM wants.. she collapses back side bc of it and has the Ferris wheel.

Here are the differences w AJs swings

One leg

View attachment 28466

Two legs

View attachment 28467

Watch the stride extend before/after the dynamic shift. It’s like night and day.

You seriously think anyone swing remains exactly the same. You’re always working on improving. How much one moves forward is always changing. Do you want me to post swings of Pujols throughout his career. Some of it a little contortionist position. We involve everyday or die.

I have always said a hitter is always working forward. 3D load involves forward.

See you don’t know what one legged means.

Edit: preset vs more dynamic between the swings.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You seriously think anyone swing remains exactly the same. You’re always working on improving. How much one moves forward is always changing. Do you want me to post swings of Pujols throughout his career. Some of it a little contortionist position. We involve everyday or die.

I have always said a hitter is always working forward. 3D load involves forward.

See you don’t know what one legged means.

Well he hasn’t left this pattern yet. It’s been a whole year. The one legged nonsense has hurt so many. Let it die already.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1