Ximena 10yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
AJ learned to free up his hand path bc he wasn’t stuck anymore from the late shift. Or the one leg mantra. it’s so obvious. Lol even you stated that this young lady needed some shift of the back hip at the start of this thread. I don’t care what you say one legged is !! AJ is showing it here.

1690859434242.gif

Vs two

1690859480766.gif

Getting the weight back to the middle before you commit to the pitch is fundamental. Two legs are needed for that.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@Shawn I think the terms and actions aren’t matching up for you at this point. When the back hip gets back the lead hip gets forward in its plane of motion. That’s a shift. It doesn’t matter if the foot is on or off the ground.

When you walk one hip goes back while the other goes forward. That’s shifting before the lead leg extends or the foot touches the ground. It’s the same w a good swing. It’s identical. It takes the stability of the back leg grounded and the motion of the front leg to achieve this. Both legs are necessary. You’re essentially turning your body into your weight shift.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
HLP is GOATA and GOATA is HLP, Bow corner, back chain dominance, one legged to set the bow and column.

Please explain walking to me, lol.😂 In hitting the system it’s turned up, we become one legged, like sprinting. Sprinting is more like hitting.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
View attachment 28471

Here’s a better view of the early shift. It’s like walking. You’re turning into your weight shift. Pretty simple.

Did someone say walking ;)

FZsLDtB.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
HLP is GOATA and GOATA is HLP, Bow corner, back chain dominance, one legged to set the bow and column.

Please explain walking to me, lol.😂 In hitting the system it’s turned up, we become one legged, like sprinting. Sprinting is more like hitting.

Completely missed it. We were talking about the stride and the weight shift. That’s sprinting?! nvm man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad