Ximena 10yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2019
You guys always give good pointers. What do you see? I want her to keep her front foot from opening up before she lands so we're gonna be working on that.

Right now she's hitting inside pitches pretty well but outside pitches are baffling her right now

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I wouldn’t change her stride foot. It is fine and not opening. The backside seems to be initiated first, causing what you’re calling opening. If the front foot leg was unwinding first and bleeding the coil and backside. Then yes, she on the other hand isn’t doing it wrong.🥎🥎🥎

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
As far as the swing, she is jamming herself. Might be tee position. It might be she is getting the back elbow stuck and it doesn’t have a clear path. That is caused by not having the rotational point at the hands. There is some turning while letting the bat get stuck behind the body.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
There is a lot of good stuff happening. She is well beyond an average 10 y/o. No bat drag for a 10 y/o is rare.
One thing I notice, as she loads into her rear heel (that's good) she repositions her foot getting a little duck foot going on. I would like her to point rear foot slightly pigeon footed to help load glute and stop over counter rotation. She is over doing the staying behind the ball and leaning back a little too much. Some might say she is a little ABAF, too. All back, all forward.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There is a lot of good stuff happening. She is well beyond an average 10 y/o. No bat drag for a 10 y/o is rare.
One thing I notice, as she loads into her rear heel (that's good) she repositions her foot getting a little duck foot going on. I would like her to point rear foot slightly pigeon footed to help load glute and stop over counter rotation. She is over doing the staying behind the ball and leaning back a little too much. Some might say she is a little ABAF, too. All back, all forward.

If I had to explain it, it’s simply letting it collapse into the body. A little stuck.

May 23, 2019
I wouldn’t change her stride foot. It is fine and not opening. The backside seems to be initiated first, causing what you’re calling opening. If the front foot leg was unwinding first and bleeding the coil and backside. Then yes, she on the other hand isn’t doing it wrong.🥎🥎🥎
You know what we were actively working on it when I recorded this, so it actually does look pretty good here

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut