Xeno Survival Rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
The durability issues have supposedly been addressed in the new 2013 model, but I guess only time will tell. My DD is on her 3rd, but Louisville Slugger has been very good about replacing bats under warranty.

It depends who answers the phone, one of their CS guys told me they were more resilient, the other said the only changes were cosmetic.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Just remember that if you're buying new "older" model bats AND planning to play USSSA that only bats w/ the 2013 USSSA stamp will be allowed after Sept 1, 2013.

Oct 19, 2009
My first baseman was 12 after going yard for the first time with her Xeno. After that my catcher borrowed her bat and put a vertical rip in the sweet spot with a routine fly ball to left field. Louisville Slugger replaced it and six weeks later my catcher broke it again, this time it broke completely in half and the barrel flew into the opposing 3rd baseman (she was freaked out but not hurt). This was at Triple Crown Summer Nationals in Myrtle Beach where TPS had a booth set up selling bats. Our 1b dad took the bat to the booth and was told they had to call it in; no on the spot replacements. I told him he should just hang out in front of their booth holding the broken bat while people walk by LOL.

Both my dd and our RF made it through the season Xenos in tact. The are not as strong as our catcher or 1b however. All moving up to 13/14u this year.

Jun 21, 2010
Bringing up an old thread because DD's coach said her Xeno is broken. She's bummed because it's her favorite bat. I shaked it last night and it sounds like a ball bearing rolling around in there--not a loud obvious rattle. Is this an indication the bat is broken? She's due for a heavier bat so we might get another Xeno or look at something else. We are near the end of fall ball and there are no tournaments in the future until March next year.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Is it within the year warranty to send it in?

The metal is part of the S1id, the disc system that limits performance. Interestingly enough with the lengthy other post going right now, a xeno is basically a shaved bat equal in performance, with a limiting disc system put into it. Well your limiting disc system is probably no longer limiting. International softball uses xenos without the discs.

Jun 21, 2010
Do I need a receipt for the warranty? I don't have it and I'm sure it's been less than a year since I bought it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you ordered, or paid with credit or debit card, those companies can get you a new receipt, did that once.

If not, I would call Louisville and try anyway, sounds like they are good about replacing and will send you a heavier one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles