Xeno Survival Rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
DD cracked her -9 Xeno after about 40 days. Not putting any special significance on one break, but....I am now a bit curious what the reputation is for reliability, HC seemed pretty surprised.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I did read on another blog about a girls breaking in a few months. We are on #3 but just because dd keeps moving up in size. Friends dd, 18 yrs old, and conference hr leader, is still using the same xeno 1.5 years later. The previous year she broke a freak and a stealth.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD has had hers for a little less than a year and it seems to be holding up OK. Other Players use is occasionally but I keep it out of the adult’s hands. If they want to play they can get their own.

Jul 19, 2008
I have the 2011 Xeno for my daughter. She used it last season and most of this season and its fine yet. The normal scratches or chips, but not cracks, gouges or dents anywhere. I just ordered the 2012 Xeno and should have it today. I will probably sell the 2011. I read some reviews of people who said theirs broke in half, in a short time, but thats a snall percentage of the total reviews. That and they dont say how it was used or if possibly it was rolled or anything. If it is to break, it will go back for a replacement.

Dec 28, 2008
As an instructor I have lots of players using them and it seems that as a "brand" they have some good ones coming off the line and some really bad ones that come off the line. One thing I'm unhappy with is their apparent lack of desire to support them. One player had a bat crack after a few months. They sent the player a replacement for free. The replacement also cracked within weeks. When they called to try and return again, they were asked how many hits the player had had. When they said she had about 12 hits in that time, they told them "sorry we only accept subsequent returns if the player has less than 10 hits with it."

From what I've seen/heard other manufacturer's do a better job of standing behind their product. Flaws in production are understandable but if you only expect your bat to last 10 hits or less, you know you have issues that you aren't resolving in your production because you expect to have to keep sending multiple replacements.

Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
Sent my dd's 2011 xeno back due to a rattle and they replaced it with a one inch longer 2012 model without question. They did say the warranty is prorated. So she has a new bat with only a few months of warranty left.

Jul 26, 2010
My daughter's lasted about 14 months, 2 more months then the warranty, before the internal rod started rattling around. It's her own fault because she used it in the batting cage more then once. It was pretty beat up by the time it finally "broke".

-W

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA