Xeno Survival Rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
The other thing to watch for with any two-piece bat is wobble in the joint....

If you can hold the bat by the handle, wave it back and forth, and feel the looseness in the joint, then it is starting to fail.

Approx 20 of the XENO bats were removed from play at the ASA 18GOLD tournament last year due to wobble in the joint.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Most fastpitch bats are designed for performance, not durability.....that said, when my DD Xeno developed a 'rattle' at the end of the bat after 10 months of heavy use, Louisville Slugger replaced it no questions asked!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
In case anyone still cares:
Xeno is on the truck today, 5 biz-days. We are 400mi from the warranty center, so YMMV. IIRC this is the same performance we got from Easton.
LS stated policy is: up to 2 days to inspect, 1-6 days to ship after that depending on inventory.

One thing I noticed, whatever shipping method you use inbound, they will reciprocate.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Replacement Xeno(bat #3) rattles out of the box. Spectacular quality control.
Is she going to be able to use this, or will umpires reject it?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2012
From what I have heard quit a few of the umps will disqualify the xenos if they have a rattle.

My daughter swung one and she didn't like it as much as the other top of the line bats. Since then I have heard other places besides here that there are durability issues. Makes me glad we went with the CF5.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think DD’s XENO is dead after a year of moderate use. She was not hitting the ball as far as I think she should so I took a swing with it for the first time. Gave it a good whack and did not reach the fence.

I examined the bat and it looks OK.

How do you tell when a bat dies?

I tend to overthink things.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
The 2013 bat is redesigned and durability issues are allegedly
taken care of. My DD is still swinging a 2011 Xeno and is one of the
lucky ones with no problems. I had 2 girls break xenon in the same
game during summer.

Yes, the rattle is a dead giveaway

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The durability issues have supposedly been addressed in the new 2013 model, but I guess only time will tell. My DD is on her 3rd, but Louisville Slugger has been very good about replacing bats under warranty.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
For about $110.00 on ebay for a 2011 still seems like a pretty good deal compared to anywhere from $250 or $300 for some of the other bats?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01