Xeno Survival Rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
We did a little brainstorming and determined that the bat is over a year old. Time to buy another!

Before we talked about when we bought the bat I called Louisville Slugger. They told me there shouldn't be a sound and that indeed the bat is broken.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2011
Another relative update -

Many months ago some folks said "well the RT dents-up in the same time as a composite breaks".

I say "Nuts!".

After DD breaking composite after composite her RT is now 1.5yrs old on year-round play and I do not see ANY deformation at all.

And yes, she hits hard. (one of the top HR threats in the state)

Jul 28, 2008
The other thing to watch for with any two-piece bat is wobble in the joint....

If you can hold the bat by the handle, wave it back and forth, and feel the looseness in the joint, then it is starting to fail.

Approx 20 of the XENO bats were removed from play at the ASA 18GOLD tournament last year due to wobble in the joint.

They told me this was "normal" when I contacted their warranty department. I will never buy another from them again. DD will stick with Anderson products. Just waiting until the new RockeTech comes out.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
They told me this was "normal" when I contacted their warranty department. I will never buy another from them again. DD will stick with Anderson products. Just waiting until the new RockeTech comes out.

Sounds like 2 weeks.
We are waiting to hear about it....assuming it is 2 pieces.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Sounds like 2 weeks.
We are waiting to hear about it....assuming it is 2 pieces.

The RT is a double-walled bat (essentially a bat w/ an external sleeve), but I'd consider it a 1-piece bat because there isn't a joint between the handle and the barrel. The new Rocketflex will also have the same double walled barrel, but will be connected to a composite handle - its been described by Anderson as a -10 drop.

Jan 25, 2011
softball sales has the new rocketflex on sale now, $269.99. -10 sucks and says nothing about being endloaded,two piece. I was hoping it would have stayed -9 and endloaded

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2012
Got a "wobbler" replaced

We have several Xenos on the team. My daughter has used the Xeno ever since it came out. Her first 2 silver ones got a rattle in it ( presumably something broke inside ). Those were replaced under warranty. She had a 2012 Xeno we purchased last May. No rattles but after about 60 games and lots of practices, it developed a wobble at the connection point. Called, got it replaced -- they sent our a 2013 Xeno.

These bats are not durable but that's the price I think we all pay for the performance. These bats perform very well. Up here in the Northwest, the characteristic XENO sound is now becoming very familiar...

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
softball sales has the new rocketflex on sale now, $269.99. -10 sucks and says nothing about being endloaded,two piece. I was hoping it would have stayed -9 and endloaded

I don't think anyone has them in stock yet, so its probably a pre-order. No need to get upset - I believe that Anderson's 2013fastpitch RT offerings will include both the traditional 1-piece -9 RT and the new 2-piece -10 Rocketflex. Same exact barrel for both (i.e., they both will have the normal RT endload), but the Rocketflex will have a composite handle (similar to the 2012 Nanotek), which probably accounts for the 1 oz weight difference. And, as is the case with all Anderson RT and Techzilla FP bats, the stated drop weights represent equivalent swing weights, not scale weights so I expect that the regular RT will scale at 2-3 oz above the swing weight (i.e., a 33/24 -9 will weigh 26-27 ounces) and am guessing that the Rocketflex will scale at 1-2 oz over stated swing weight (i.e., 33/23 -10 will weigh 24-25 oz) - in other words, these bats have more mass than other -10 drops. DD and I are very interested to hear some FP Rocketflex reviews - reports on the equivalent SP version have been very good.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA