Xeno Survival Rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
These bats are not durable but that's the price I think we all pay for the performance. These bats perform very well. Up here in the Northwest, the characteristic XENO sound is now becoming very familiar...

IMHO this can only work if you carry spares, a la NCAA teams, then someone manages the returns on Monday to keep the pool up.

As an individual, I'm obligated to own two or more of the damned things so she has one left on Sunday.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
For about $110.00 on ebay for a 2011 still seems like a pretty good deal compared to anywhere from $250 or $300 for some of the other bats?

My DD has/had 3 2011 models with no breakage. She's a good contact hitter with some power. Plays about 100 games/year and bats 400+, so the bats have a few hits on them. Her first Xeno was used by her for 1 1/2 years and then sold to a teammate who has used it for a whole season. She's got a year's combined usage on the other 2 (different sizes).

Maybe it depends on the part of the bat that hits the ball? She's a lefty(only slaps once in awhile), so is thrown outside a lot, so doesn't make contact much on the bottom half of the barrel, nearer the joint. Her contact points are usually mid-barrell towards the end. May not make a difference, just a thought.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
jnj, that is an interesting point. I know she didn't break them at the cap or right on the joint, but couldn't tell you more precisely than that. If I still have pictures, I can see if there's a pattern.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
ICYGAS, LS customer service came through with a OneX as a replacement, since they agreed the 2011-2013 Xeno's have only cosmetic differences, and it makes little sense to break a fourth one, regardless of what color it is.

I actually whined about the terms of the warranty in another thread, but their CS has come through every time.

Fwiw, I did find my photo gallery of broken Xeno's and every one had a series of 4-6" cracks pretty much right in the center of the barrel.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
What I posted on the one x thread:

A post from another board:

Just a heads up, but we were at a Big 10 University's Hitting facility yesterday that is backed by Louisville, and I got to go through the Bat grave yard as they would call it too LOL! There were about 7 of the OneX bats that had snapped in half at the connector piece, and that was just one Industrial garbage can worth out of 3. The rest were the first year Xeno (Black), with only 1 or 2 of the new Xeno (Blue and White). From talking to the players and head coach, it looks like the durability was fixed with the new Xeno as has been said. Not so sure with the OneX

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
LS warranty service shipped a shiny new OneX yesterday, jut in time for the recall.

CS is just flailing at the moment, I'm sure I could get a 2013 Xeno, but it's the same bat again.
I'd love to see LS get this right, a Xeno that lasted would be a fantastic product, but they just aren't able to produce that now.

As the A's fans say...."Maybe next year".

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
LS warranty service shipped a shiny new OneX yesterday, jut in time for the recall.

CS is just flailing at the moment, I'm sure I could get a 2013 Xeno, but it's the same bat again.
I'd love to see LS get this right, a Xeno that lasted would be a fantastic product, but they just aren't able to produce that now.

As the A's fans say...."Maybe next year".

DD has used Xeno's exclusively for 2 plus years. She used them on an active 18gold travel team, additional weekly hitting and lessons and now daily with her college team and not seen or complained of any problems with the Xeno's.

In my years of Travel Ball and watching kids arrive at park, practice and handle equipment I have observed actions of others that could lead to adverse or shortened viability of their equipment.

Mar 29, 2012
with all the trouble the xeno's and onex have I wouldn't be surprised to see a biugger shift to the CF5, 454, and the new power brigade S1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA