XENO End Cap Warranty Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2016
Anyone have experience with LS warranty claims?

I attached pics of end cap separating. Still have a month left of warranty.

Will this cause the bat to be pulled from a game?
Would it be fixed or replaced?

Daughter loves the bat and would like to keep it but don't want to risk it getting worse or pulled and lose out on the warranty.

Thanks.

IMG_0097.jpg

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD's end cap did the same thing. I warmed it up with a hairdryer and pounded it back in. Also had it inspected at an ASA state tournament (with a replacement in hand just in case) and it passed. If it is still under warranty I would send it back because it is going to come off again and if it comes all the way off it will not be able to be used...

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
LS customer service is great. You can file a claim online and call them with any questions once you have a claim number. Just replaced DDs LXT that cracked. About 12 days turn around for shipping to and from OR and have new bat in hand. They even let change the drop from the one we were returning.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
LS will replace the bat under warranty, but if the bat still has significant time left under warranty, I would not want to waste my one time warranty replacement on an end cap. If it was me, I would go to Home Depot and get one of their 36" long bar clamps, and use it to press the end cap back into place. A drop of Super Glue under the effected area may also help prevent this from happening again. When you are done you may be able to return the bar clamp for a full refund if you did not remove the tags.

BESSEY 36 in. Clutch Style Bar Clamp with Composite Plastic Handle and 3-1/2 in. Throat Depth-GSCC3.536+2K - The Home Depot

May 12, 2014
That happened to my DD's Xeno (her's was a little worse). LS replaced it with a brand new bat. No questions asked.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
If you only have a month left on the warranty and they will replace, then I would go that route. Then you are good with a brand new stick for spring. You never know what they will pull and what they won't. Depends on how picky the umps are. A friend of DD's used a Legit for a whole season of travel ball and middle school ball with the end cap completely gone, and never got questioned about it a single time.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is VERY common and the endcap WILL NOT come off. This separation happens a lot on all
Louisville bats and doesn't effect anything. Unless you get an ump that doesn't know anything, he may pull it.

If you only have a month left, why not use it? You paid for it.

Now if you had 6 months left, I wouldn't waste my warranty on this.

Dec 28, 2015
Schaumburg, IL
We just had the same exact issues with DD's LXT, except the cap was coming up in 2 separate places. I filed the LS claim online and was a little hesitant about sending it back, but LS sent us a brand new Hyper in the same size within a couple of weeks. With the warranty expiring soon, I'd send it back and get it replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877