Would you buy a used composite bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
My daughter does a lot of tee work and hits machine some in the winter. I got tired of watching her use a $300+ bat for tee work (never let her use it for machine balls) so I bought her an old Techzilla off ebay. Her composites are CFX and CF8, both balanced, but the Techzilla is a bit endloaded. She loves hitting that Techzilla and never once bitched about having to hit it instead of her composites. We were playing an indoor tournament last weekend and used a restricted flight ball. She used her zilla and the ball seemed to jump better than did the composites.

Jul 4, 2013
Is a used composite bat any good for hitting weak ground balls to second? I bought a bunch of bats I thought had a lot of pop when my kid was hitting for power. Now we seem to be specializing in 5 hoppers to the right side. I wanna make sure I have the right equipment.

[bad dad episode over, thanks for listening]

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
When DD first switched to a composite bat she actually start making more outs.

Her weak grounders that she could run out turned into harder grounders that the fielder could throw her out on.

May 20, 2015
ha i just bought a miken freak black for no real reason......regripping it as we speak

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have bought several used composite bats over the years, and while they did not come with a warranty, I paid 50% or less than the cost of a new bat. Then there is the old SCN1B bats that actually WENT UP in value as they aged...ahhh the good ole days!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I have bought several used composite bats over the years, and while they did not come with a warranty, I paid 50% or less than the cost of a new bat. Then there is the old SCN1B bats that actually WENT UP in value as they aged...ahhh the good ole days!

Still waiting for the 1B and 4B “Retros”!!!!

Dec 11, 2010
I am a bat swapper, have bought many used bats over the years.

I have never had any issues with buying used, but couple weeks ago I bought an old and illegal Stealth for a practice bat. Barrel was cracked at connection. I took pics within 10 minutes of delivery and the seller took it back no problem.

I have never paid attention to whether returns are accepted but I will from now on.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
On eBay or here, if they have x amount of posts, if the bat is broke on delivery I would be surprised if you had an Issue returning.

Craigslist you are on your own.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
I buy used ones all the time, if DD finds one she likes, then I buy a new one as well, and she has a gamer and a backup of the same bat. Shes 13 and picky as hell already lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06