Work in progress

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nx062isZce1usf292o1_250.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I get a feeling of pulling open the front side too soon, and all the action is happening out front.

I'm curious to see how/if things change with a real bat and hitting a moving ball.

I personally don't see it quite that way.

Not sure how you can see a swing passing through this orientation here, where the upper torso has clearly resisted being turned forward, and have the feel of the leadside opening up too early.

11altox.jpg

I see this as a backside dominate swing. The lead arm is doing a reasonable job with it's two primary functions ... 1) finding the ball, and 2) providing direction for the throw of the barrel.

The use of the rear upper arm in "preparing to throw" could be improved.

I view this here as more of a "bird flap" mechanic (not really a good name, but it's what I have generally referred to it as) that basically lifts the rear scap away from the backside.

2itt2qo.gif

See if this "scapular down" demonstration makes sense to you.

May 30, 2010
Thanks for the input guys. FFS, I think I'm following what you're saying about the back arm. Weather permitting, we are going to try to do some live ball work today. Will try to get some more video. If all else fails she is playing in their last tournament of the season next weekend and I should be able to get something then. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC