Word of warning...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
This was more of a general warning. A couple friends and I were discussing posts on this and another message board we frequent. But if anyone thinks it applies to them, by all means, heed the warning. Nobody wants to be made a fool of, I am sure.

Oct 14, 2008
Come on crystle fess up. Who tossed the turd in the punch bowl? Well besides me blowing up the Howard thread by posting britts swing!

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
I always wonder why so many people feel it's necessary to try to conceal their identity when posting to a message forum. There are several people that I know read this board and I tell them my name on here. Plus, I've posted pictures and videos of my daughter. I'm the type, I guess, that feels like if I have something to say on here, I'm not going to try to hide behind some "anonymous" name on the internet. But I'm also the type that is pretty straight-forward with people. If I have a question for the coach, I'll ask it. If I have a concern regarding dd or her team, I won't beat around the bush or talk about it behind the coach's back. I'm a professional person who treats people professionally.....but that's just me. I know everyone is different.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I always wonder why so many people feel it's necessary to try to conceal their identity when posting to a message forum. There are several people that I know read this board and I tell them my name on here. Plus, I've posted pictures and videos of my daughter. I'm the type, I guess, that feels like if I have something to say on here, I'm not going to try to hide behind some "anonymous" name on the internet. But I'm also the type that is pretty straight-forward with people. If I have a question for the coach, I'll ask it. If I have a concern regarding dd or her team, I won't beat around the bush or talk about it behind the coach's back. I'm a professional person who treats people professionally.....but that's just me. I know everyone is different.

Think about your DD. If I know who you are I can find out all kinds of information about you, your DD, everyone else in your family. All it takes is plowing through a bunch of previous posts and putting it all together. Unfortunately it is very easy. The Internet is not a safe place and it certainly is not anonymous.

Apr 25, 2010
Come on crystle fess up. Who tossed the turd in the punch bowl? Well besides me blowing up the Howard thread by posting britts swing!
Tim, you pot stirrer, you and I talked about this a few weeks ago...lol. I don't like farting in church unless I feel I have to...lol.

It's not just in forums. We're fairly new to softball and DD is a 10U rec league player but probably the top one or two in our association. There is a nearby association in our league that has a coach that is so full of himself and his girls he'll crow from the rooftops about it. During a recent rain delay he told us all about his DD's 10U A travel team where he is AC and how they have to enter 12U just to find competition and how fantastic they are. No one can stop them. DD's hitting .730 yada yada yada. Fortunately the game was called so I didn't have to listen to any more while the umps and other coaches just sat there starry-eyed.

2 parts unfolded to this. We were rained out and played them the next week. Their only loss had been a forfiet in 14 games with nothing under 8 or 10 runs differential. My DD struck out both his TB kids and held them hitless and we were winning 4-3 headed to the 6th. Our league only allows 4IP per game and our second pitcher blew up. We lost 10-4 but not before seeing him squirm like crazy. (We were .500 at the time).

This weekend there is a big A tourney in town with about a dozen 10U A teams. They went 2-4 for the weekend.

Guy might know softball but I know if DD ever goes TB I am staying away from any team he's on.

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
Think about your DD. If I know who you are I can find out all kinds of information about you, your DD, everyone else in your family. All it takes is plowing through a bunch of previous posts and putting it all together. Unfortunately it is very easy. The Internet is not a safe place and it certainly is not anonymous.

Point taken.

Jul 2, 2013
DFP runs the most objective forum in the nation.

For folks who read me, know. Others, generic in nature, get stepped on, and react.

As a poster, assume others are watching 25 ... 100 ... 1000.

I am very proud of DD.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Ok I get the point. I would like to go on record here And now that my daughter does not have an actual cannon for an arm. Nor is it made of gold. But she can throw the ball pretty hard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog