Within the sagittal plane

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Think I figured out what happened after that one hit I got. My sagittal plane must have away from the midline and split it into unequal parts
Sounds painful..surprised you can still be cheery all the time after something like that happened šŸ˜‚

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
iu

I'm not sure if it applies here, but this is my general rule:

"If you don't know what it means, they don't know what they're talking about"
- efastball

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Actually the ā€œanti-TMā€ people talk about it šŸ˜‰ To understand it take a look at a clip of Betts and watch as he moves out he develops ā€œ postureā€ over the plate. I believe that is what they refer to as ā€œloading in the sagittal planeā€
Doesnā€™t both the TM camp and anti TM believe the same thing when it comes to developing and maintaining posture

Jun 8, 2016
Doesnā€™t both the TM camp and anti TM believe the same thing when it comes to developing and maintaining posture
I am no TM expert but from what I have read TM doesn't really talk about posture too much. He does talk about creating a "corner" by coiling around the back hip and engaging the upper back and then holding that corner as one moves out. So in theory I guess he could say that doing so will naturally get one to get into good posture and then maintain it but like I said he doesn't use those words from what I have seen.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The more work (load) within the s-plane allows for the frontal plane (catcher/pitcher) to happen naturally while not compromising the rear leg/hip relationship.

Wti7Pd0.png

YdUo361.gif

TA79CrJ.gif

TepTuuk.gif

KiEEohz.gif

Gp0SO1I.gif

610WPPc.gif
maYQDnM.gif

hFRJQPk.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
I am no TM expert but from what I have read TM doesn't really talk about posture too much. He does talk about creating a "corner" by coiling around the back hip and engaging the upper back and then holding that corner as one moves out. So in theory I guess he could say that doing so will naturally get one to get into good posture and then maintain it but like I said he doesn't use those words from what I have seen.

And to maintain that corner you snap and have a "Hip Slip" (My words) or falling over the hip socket. For the benefit of a doubt he does say he exagerrates it his demos. That move is what he says puts him in posture at launch.

Jun 8, 2016
And to maintain that corner you snap and have a "Hip Slip" (My words) or falling over the hip socket. For the benefit of a doubt he does say he exagerrates it his demos. That move is what he says puts him in posture at launch.

I don't think the snap is about maintaining the corner but that you want to snap while the corner is maintained..e.g. don't bleed your coil before you snap (e.g. launch).... but I could be wrong. Also the posture that is being talked about here isn't the lateral tilt but "over the plate" tilt (see the gifs @TDS posted above) which he doesn't mention in the above video. Antonelli, who does talk about some of the same things TM does, does mention posture quite a bit in his videos.

Practically speaking no good hitter hits while standing straight up so either you need to have good posture in your setup or it needs to be developed as part of your load/move out..not rocket science.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG