Within the sagittal plane

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Hear this and other snippets brought up by members occasionally by some members for hitting taught by TM. Would you so kind as to explain this and other teachings by TM?

In anatomy, the sagittal plane (/ˈsædʒɪtəl/), or longitudinal plane, is an anatomical plane which divides the body into right and left parts. The plane may be in the center of the body and split it into two halves (mid-sagittal) or away from the midline and split it into unequal parts (para-sagittal).

Jun 8, 2016
Hear this and other snippets brought up by members occasionally by some members for hitting taught by TM. Would you so kind as to explain this and other teachings by TM?

In anatomy, the sagittal plane (/ˈsædʒɪtəl/), or longitudinal plane, is an anatomical plane which divides the body into right and left parts. The plane may be in the center of the body and split it into two halves (mid-sagittal) or away from the midline and split it into unequal parts (para-sagittal).
Actually the “anti-TM” people talk about it 😉 To understand it take a look at a clip of Betts and watch as he moves out he develops “ posture” over the plate. I believe that is what they refer to as “loading in the sagittal plane”

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Actually the “anti-TM” people talk about it 😉 To understand it take a look at a clip of Betts and watch as he moves out he develops “ posture” over the plate. I believe that is what they refer to as “loading in the sagittal plane”
I may be confused for quite some time LOL

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
If you really want to go down the hitting rabbit hole check out how the apex of the vortex coincides with the center if gravity longitudinally. Thats where the real money is made
I hear ya :)

Jun 8, 2016
I may be confused for quite some time LOL
Did you look at a clip of Betts?...With him (and Trout, Bellinger, etc) it should be somewhat obvious what I am talking about since they are very upright in their stance.

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Did you look at a clip of Betts?...With him (and Trout, Bellinger, etc) it should be somewhat obvious what I am talking about since they are very upright in their stance.
Not yet but I will. Thanks

Jun 8, 2016
Seriously check it out. I've been a long time follower of sphincterism. It was first started by Ty Cobb. Follow Uga Booga on the Twitter machine. Mind blowing perspective on hitting
Kind of ironic that you like to give the impression (on all topics) that you are a contemporary of Casey Stengel on an internet discussion board..

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Kind of ironic that you like to give the impression (on all topics) that you are a contemporary of Casey Stengel on an internet discussion board..
Think I figured out what happened after that one Edit only hit I got. My sagittal plane must have moved away from the midline and split it into unequal parts

Last edited: