Wish me luck - I think I can pull this off

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
DD and son have a friendly and basketball tournament tomorrow.

DD's first game is at 8 AM so I will take her and son to the softball complex. The game is 1:20 drop dead so as soon as it is over I will jump in the car with son and drive the one hour across town for 11 and noon basketball games. I will miss son's 2 pm game as DD's second game is also at 2 PM so once son's noon basketball game is over at about 1 pm I will jump in the car and drive across town to DD's game. Her game will end by 3:30 and that will give me enough time to make son's game at 4:45. DD's final game starts at 3:30 so if everything works out I should only miss 1 game for each kid.

That should minimize any future need for counseling that I favored one kid over the other.

Mar 15, 2010
When are they going to eat? You better pack the cooler, tonight.

Eat? They have sports to play, no time for eating. When I was their age I ate once a week and toughed it out. My parents wouldn't even drive me to games. I had to walk in the snow, knee deep, uphill, both ways, just to get to my games.

Jun 21, 2010
Did this the beginning of the season, but not as extreme, and with a twist. DD's game was at 9AM. Over at 10:45. Jump in Suburban, go home and check map. Drive ~ 1hr to watch my oldest son run the 1500m race. He's nowhere to be seen. Just as the race is about to start he appears, but too late. Seems he was in the bathroom. Jump back in the Suburban and drive back home in time for my younger son's LL game at 2PM.

Sep 10, 2010
Eat? They have sports to play, no time for eating. When I was their age I ate once a week and toughed it out. My parents wouldn't even drive me to games. I had to walk in the snow, knee deep, uphill, both ways, just to get to my games.
at least you had snow...i was barefoot and it was 120 degrees in the shade

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
This sounds so much like life around here. Especially when the fall is here and oldest DS is playing high school football.

A few weeks ago, all 3 of my ball players - DD1 (14U), DD2 (8U), DS2 (6U), had games. The boys play at a different complex. The times were like this:
DD2 - 6:20
DS2 - 7:00
DD1 - 7:35

I had it figured out to take DD2 to the fields, and have DS1's coach come and pick him up. I would leave 1/2 way through DD1's game, and since DD2 will play on the same field she can just hang out there until I get back. I would go watch the last 1/2 of DS's game and then return to watch the last 1/2 of DD2's game. I would have gotten to see 1/2 of each game.

I was thrilled when they got called for rain!!!!

Mar 15, 2010
Well my son had to go and ruin my carefully prepared plans. His team lost the first game of the double elimination tournament. This was not a surprise as the team we drew in the first round is one of the top in our area. What was a surprise is my son's team made a run through the losers's bracket winning 5 in a row to end up in the championship game against the team they lost to in the first round. The other team was very cocky coming in to the game. During warm ups one of the other players told my son that he didn't even know why they had to play this game because his team was going to win. I guess this kid never heard about putting on the whammy (you know just like when the football announcer says, "And he has not fumbled in 400 carries, oh and he just fumbled").

Well long story short my son's team pulled off the win for the championship. Never made it to DDs games. Probably for the best as the updates I got from my wife were not good. DD got hit in the shin in the first game at her first at bat. She is now in urgent care with DD as she was complaining that she couldn't put any weight on it.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Best of luck to your DD. Let us know as soon as you hear anything. Now would be a good time, to insist that she wear sliding pads, down on the shins.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes