why why why

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
Why go and start a select team once all star season ends and play and do great, but come back next spring to be a rec all star team. I just dont get it people. I know people trophy hunt but come on.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The question is why would a league allow an all star team to stay together in a rec league format? This is how it should go: Tryout, get drafted, play league, make all star team, play tourneys, end. New season starts and Rinse and repeat until you are ready to make the jump to TB or quit. H-Town right? What part?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The question is why would a league allow an all star team to stay together in a rec league format? This is how it should go: Tryout, get drafted, play league, make all star team, play tourneys, end. New season starts and Rinse and repeat until you are ready to make the jump to TB or quit. H-Town right? What part?

In our area, it's not uncommon for an all-star team to stick together and keep playing through the fall, especially in leagues where fall ball is targeted towards being instructional or introductory. There are a couple of local leagues that structure their fall ball program to serve intact teams like those, which gives the more-advanced rec ball players a place to play against similar competition. When the new spring season starts, the ones that don't move on to travel get thrown back in the draft pile.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Never really understood why people would want their DD to go back to REC after experiencing TB....

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Never really understood why people would want their DD to go back to REC after experiencing TB....

time and cost commitments mainly. a lot of folks can make the time and cost commitment for the summer, but not necessarily year round.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Why go and start a select team once all star season ends and play and do great, but come back next spring to be a rec all star team. I just dont get it people. I know people trophy hunt but come on.

Are you saying that this group of girls that formed what amounted to a travel team want to play in the rec league again so they can play all-stars?

If it's LL or something that has a big national tournament televised on ESPN, then I can see that.

Sep 28, 2015

How did you know houston, and yes after all stars they are with a select organization. They come back do rec in spring and I guess tryout and make allstars. All of them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How did you know houston, and yes after all stars they are with a select organization. They come back do rec in spring and I guess tryout and make allstars. All of them.

Do they stay together as an intact team for the spring season, or are they spread out among all the teams in the league?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
time and cost commitments mainly. a lot of folks can make the time and cost commitment for the summer, but not necessarily year round.

In our area we have lots of levels of TB and different levels of commitment and expenses, so if someone is willing to shop around they can find a TB program that works for them.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
In our area we have lots of levels of TB and different levels of commitment and expenses, so if someone is willing to shop around they can find a TB program that works for them.

Sometimes you can't find the right fit. DD spent this past spring playing/tryouts for 9 TB teams looking for a favorable situation. For a minute I thought it wasn't going to happen so Rec kept her playing. We passed on Allstars and DD is now on a TB team but I wouldn't bash rec. It definitely isn't the same as far as competition but in the end it's still softball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028