Who wants the Friday check in? 8/19/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric - you probably already know this but for the SoCal newbies, I cannot stress enough how important it is for travel ball teams to have tryouts as early as possible in August. By the time the third week of tryouts happen, most of the talent is watered down and the better players have already committed to teams. For example, My DD had two different tryouts on August 6th & 7th (many got offers that weekend), they picked final teams on the 14th and already had their first practice earlier this week. One of the good players we picked up (2nd base) was going to attend a tryout this weekend at her older sister's TB org but liked our program and the girls so much she won't even attend this weekend's tryouts she was scheduled to attend. This is fairly typical.

I am aware of this. I don't set the team schedules, but I agree with your points.

Jul 17, 2016
Supposed to be going to a two day PGF camp this weekend in Franklin, TN. Saturday's outside camp cancelled due to potential rain, and Sunday's inside.

Kind of disappointed, because the best part of these last year was working on the field with the college coaches in scrimmages, not the skills stations. We only got to watch the teammates last participate last year, because we were still out for post concussion syndrome over the whole fall and winter.

Dec 7, 2011
Just dropped DD off at her life's dream opportunity => chance to play in the SEC! :-0

DD will know in about 2-3 weeks if she is on the team or if her career ends here as a transferred-in junior and gets to focus solely on being a doctor.

I want to be optimistic as the coaches have talked to her at least weekly and they have asked her for her sizes on uniforms and such but I am the type to not want to assume anything and would rather just get really surprised if DD gets blessed with this life-goal opportunity.

These 2-3 weeks are going to be hell for me.....

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Just dropped DD off at her life's dream opportunity => chance to play in the SEC! :-0

DD will know in about 2-3 weeks if she is on the team or if her career ends here as a transferred-in junior and gets to focus solely on being a doctor.

I want to be optimistic as the coaches have talked to her at least weekly and they have asked her for her sizes on uniforms and such but I am the type to not want to assume anything and would rather just get really surprised if DD gets blessed with this life-goal opportunity.

These 2-3 weeks are going to be hell for me.....

Wishing you and DD the best of luck and praying hard for you guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi