White pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
We have had white for three years now but this is the first time with a colored waist band. The pants look pretty good and I did try the oxy in hot water, then the bar soap followed by a quick wash cycle. They came out looking really good.

As far as accidents we have only had one in the three plus years, 250 plus games and one of bench girls spotted the situation, we called time out and got her off the field in a group to save her some discomfort. The good thing is they rinsed out perfectly with no shadow or anything and she was back on the field in less than 10 minutes.

They really are much cooler than the darker colors and in the south that is important.

Agree, down here in VA where the humidity is often sky high, those white pants are a saving grace. I can't imagine wearing black or another dark color. For the thirteen years that I've played ball, the majority of that has been in white pants.

Mar 13, 2010
Agree, down here in VA where the humidity is often sky high, those white pants are a saving grace. I can't imagine wearing black or another dark color. For the thirteen years that I've played ball, the majority of that has been in white pants.

Do Americans generally only play in white or black pants? I've never played in either, I've played in maroon, dark blue, green and grey. These were all knickeres, not shorts (I've played in blue and green so not an issue there) which only came into favour when I was about 15.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Do Americans generally only play in white or black pants? I've never played in either, I've played in maroon, dark blue, green and grey. These were all knickeres, not shorts (I've played in blue and green so not an issue there) which only came into favour when I was about 15.
I failed to mention that I have played in gray pants before...

I've seen a lot of white and black pants lately... not a lot of other colors. My sister's team wears navy blue pants.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Felz-Naptha is the BOMB! Wet the bar and rub it into the dirt, place the uniform in your normal wash and it's GONE. A bar will last a season even with a dirt magnet base stealing sliding addict!

May 17, 2011
Gray pants really are just as bad. My gray pants went from gray with no stains the middle of March, to now completely covered in stains. As far as "accidents" go, this is why I want maroon pants for next HS season.

What would you do to get a white jersey top clean?

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD has had a white baseball style jersey with Gold embroidery for the past 2 years. I rinse the jersey and scrub stains with Biz or Oxy-Clean and then soak in a bucket with Biz. Then wash as normal. It still looks really good. I am going to try to find the Felz Naptha soap everyone raves about.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
My wife swears by the Felz Naptha for our white jerseys. We don't have white pants, but every year they come up. So far the moms on the team have been able to nix that idea. We have black pants and red pants.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877