White pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
seriously? we take my 5 y/o t-ball BOY's who MUST slide into home on every run and we live in oklahoma so the dirt is RED.....
we take his pants to the car wash. Use the soap on them, rinse them well, and then bring them home to throw in the wash.

Not joking, they look brand new. I should have taken before and after pics. It was muddy that day and dh had thrown them in the wash not knowing. I caught them before they went in the dryer and pulled them out and oxy cleaned them and washed them again. It faded the stains, but they were still there. DH then did the car wash trick for me.

I now have a light blue jersery to go do the same thing with

Apr 1, 2010
I think I also read some advice on here about staying away from white pants as part of the uniform once girls on the team start hitting puberty, because it's so horribly embarassing for a girl if she gets her period unexpectedly while wearing white. Black or navy pants will pretty much hide everything, but not white...

DD's team wears black and I'm glad.

Jul 26, 2010
Most the travel ball clubs wear black pants, not to look like tactical mall ninjas, but because they're practical.

-W

Oct 31, 2010
We have white pants too. Several mom's swear by iron out (plumbing section), they say the smell is awful but the girls pants look good. I have been soaking my DD's in the sink with hot water and oxy clean, once the water is cold I get them out & use Shout Advanced for Heavy-Duty Stains and scrub the stains, then toss in washer and wash as normal. They aren't perfect but they look pretty good.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
We too got white pants this year. 1st Team meeting; OK ladies, when we wear the whites, make sure you "protect" yourself from embarrassment, even if you don't think it's that time....

Thats gonna be an awkward meeting...lol

Mar 13, 2010
I think I also read some advice on here about staying away from white pants as part of the uniform once girls on the team start hitting puberty, because it's so horribly embarassing for a girl if she gets her period unexpectedly while wearing white. Black or navy pants will pretty much hide everything, but not white...

This is exactly why I hate women wearing white pants. As a teenager I was playing for a team with royal blue pants. I then changed for my senior game and not realising my little friend had visisted handed them to my mum front first. She snatched them and marched me to the bathroom. It was very visible.

Since you have them though, you need to work with them! I don't know if you have Sard over there, but their stain remover called 'Sard Oxy Plus' is AMAZING. I found an old fluffy white bathrobe that had stains on it and after two washes it's as good as new.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
We too got white pants this year. 1st Team meeting; OK ladies, when we wear the whites, make sure you "protect" yourself from embarrassment, even if you don't think it's that time....

Thats gonna be an awkward meeting...lol

Kevin what were you thinking!! Didn't you hear Nichol's story about a certain hard-hitting tall blond girl that played here at Mac in the outfield?

Nov 1, 2009
We have had white for three years now but this is the first time with a colored waist band. The pants look pretty good and I did try the oxy in hot water, then the bar soap followed by a quick wash cycle. They came out looking really good.

As far as accidents we have only had one in the three plus years, 250 plus games and one of bench girls spotted the situation, we called time out and got her off the field in a group to save her some discomfort. The good thing is they rinsed out perfectly with no shadow or anything and she was back on the field in less than 10 minutes.

They really are much cooler than the darker colors and in the south that is important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877