White pants

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 1, 2009
I love all the technical advice on this blog and refer to it frequently. But the reality is our team is very prepared for the games but this year we bought white pants and the girls just don't look as sharp as they should given their ability.

Do any of you have some ideas, or ancient chinese secrets on how to remove the different stains you get in softball from the beautiful white pants. They do have a colored waistband so no bleach solutions please.

Jul 26, 2010
White pants? What were you thinking!

Only thing I've heard suggested before was treating them with dupont stainguard BEFORE using them, but that limits the pants breath ability somewhat. Another suggestion is to just go tye-dye, since the pants are going to be brown, red, and green anyway.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Wet the area and wet a bar of gold Dial soap. Rub the soap all over the area and wash as usual.

Did the girls choose white pants? Normally, they choose black.

Jun 25, 2009
I just throw them in a sink with some oxy-clean when we get home or the next morning. After they are wet, hit the bad spots with a bar of pink Zote soap (laundry section, product if Mexico), and leave soaking. Wash with maybe some oxy-spray and regular detergent and they are fine (I might add oxy or cascade to the wash). Maybe a little more trouble, but easier to find white pants that fit than the other colors. I am looking at going to gray with our white shirts.

Nov 1, 2009
White pants? What were you thinking!

Only thing I've heard suggested before was treating them with dupont stainguard BEFORE using them, but that limits the pants breath ability somewhat. Another suggestion is to just go tye-dye, since the pants are going to be brown, red, and green anyway.

-W

That is exactly what my wife said! They do look really sharp though.

Nov 1, 2009
I just throw them in a sink with some oxy-clean when we get home or the next morning. After they are wet, hit the bad spots with a bar of pink Zote soap (laundry section, product if Mexico), and leave soaking. Wash with maybe some oxy-spray and regular detergent and they are fine (I might add oxy or cascade to the wash). Maybe a little more trouble, but easier to find white pants that fit than the other colors. I am looking at going to gray with our white shirts.

Cascade liquid or the crystals?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi