While watching the Nebraska vs Florida WCWS game tonight (in it's 11th inning)...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I don't think she touched the bag. I remember thinking obstruction and she touched. Then they shoed a different angle and she didn't appear to touch

If it were called as OBS, it wouldn't matter. The play would be dead and the runner awarded 3B.

Mar 11, 2013
Jackson, MS
If it were called as OBS, it wouldn't matter. The play would be dead and the runner awarded 3B.

Of course it wouldn't matter.

I wasn't saying it was obstruction. I was just thinking it was close and that, at the time, I could see it being called.

Dec 7, 2011
So wasn't the FL CF catch in the 7th inning a good catch?

I am of this same thinking.

Ball in glove - glove rolls over on contact with ground - ball still seated in same spot of glove - "catch", "out", "game over".

At least how I saw it.

Florida had to win it twice :)

Major kudo's to Nebraska for battling at the top level and proving equality for the Big-10's best!

Jun 4, 2013
im not going to completely bash jeri because she saw 550 pitches and had a pretty good strike zone, but I hope she was not being evauluated in this game. She was out of position on all 3 of her calls at 3rd base. She needs to put her rear in gear and get to the proper position. I think she completely kicked that call at 3rd, and was very lucky it was brushed off as no big deal. I understand its a womans game but why can't we get the best umpires on the feild

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
im not going to completely bash jeri because she saw 550 pitches and had a pretty good strike zone, but I hope she was not being evauluated in this game. She was out of position on all 3 of her calls at 3rd base. She needs to put her rear in gear and get to the proper position.

I disagree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi