While watching the Nebraska vs Florida WCWS game tonight (in it's 11th inning)...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I looked up the longest record WCWS game:

The longest game in Women’s College World Series history occurred on May 24, 1984, in Omaha, Neb. Texas A&M defeated Cal Poly Pomona 1-0 in 25 innings.

That is one LONG game...crazy!!! Scoreless for almost 25 innings?!?!

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I've had to reset my DVR a few times already to be sure I actually get the entire ASU - Michigan game! Have an early morning friendly tomorrow and I need to sleep, but hate to miss the end of this one.:)

Oct 25, 2009
Florida had the game if they hadn't made a common mistake—leaving the pitcher in too long. Why didn't they bring in a fresh pitcher when they had a 3-run lead in the 7th?

Dec 25, 2010
umps are getting tired lol...horrible call at 2nd where the 2nd baseman didn't touch the bag. ump was 6 ft away staring at her foot :shakeshead:

Oct 25, 2009
But all these extra innings wouldn't have been necessary with a Florida pitching change.

And the awful mistake of running the tying run to home instead of throwing to the catcher.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
umps are getting tired lol...horrible call at 2nd where the 2nd baseman didn't touch the bag. ump was 6 ft away staring at her foot :shakeshead:

The umpire was out of position. He may have been looking at the foot, but from that angle couldn't see it wasn't in contact with the base. He never should have been on that side of 2B.

I know...I was thinking same thing! Ump just did a strikeout pose on strike 2.

Once had a rookie umpire do this and when told, "but, Blue, that was only strike two", he responded without hesitation, "yeah, but it was a damn good strike two"!!

Do they change umps at any point? Is there a rule? Just curious...

No, unless an umpire goes down, they are there for the duration. Besides, there are only 6 umpires assigned and the other three are waiting for this game to finish.

And the called out at 1st with the ball touching the ground in the top of the 12th.

Yep, surprised the umpire wasn't asked to go for help as that was quite obvious from the plate side view.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I've had to reset my DVR a few times already to be sure I actually get the entire ASU - Michigan game! Have an early morning friendly tomorrow and I need to sleep, but hate to miss the end of this one.:)

I think the ASU & Michigan coaches are idiots keeping those players out in the cool night air. There are rooms available for them to sit, or lie down and relax. I know they are young, but they have to be getting bored and may stiff since they have already warmed-up once.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1