While watching the Nebraska vs Florida WCWS game tonight (in it's 11th inning)...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
I'm glad Florida won but the last play at 3rd seemed a bit like obstruction to me.

Gotta pop some corn, get ready for the next game.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I'm glad Florida won but the last play at 3rd seemed a bit like obstruction to me.

Gotta pop some corn, get ready for the next game.

In ASA or NFHS and others, it would be. The NCAA has an allowance for the defender to obstruct a runner if they are "about to receive" which is basically when the throw gets between the runner and defender. I haven't seen it is slow motion, but it did not seem to me the ball was close enough at the time the runner was impeded by the defender.

Jul 11, 2009
And if you watched the replay in slow motion it appeared that the runners foot made it through to the bag before the tag, but then was pulled off because of the girl sitting on her. Heck of a game, no matter who you were rooting for.

Oct 25, 2009
And if you watched the replay in slow motion it appeared that the runners foot made it through to the bag before the tag, but then was pulled off because of the girl sitting on her. Heck of a game, no matter who you were rooting for.

Guns don't kill people; bullets kill people.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008

But that is irrelevant to whether it was OBS or not. I would say it was, but Geri didn't have a couple replays and slow motion to view before making the call.

But it was indeed one helluva game.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I think at that point it's "lets go with a no call and end this game."

You would like to think that wouldn't be the case, especially with the fact that it results in elimination. But at that time of day, er night, it may very well had been just that.

Mar 11, 2013
Jackson, MS
I don't think she touched the bag. I remember thinking obstruction and she touched. Then they shoed a different angle and she didn't appear to touch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi