Which glove to buy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2014
My daughter is using a custom Vinci 12.75" w/closed web. She is a pitcher, SS & sometimes CF. She loves the glove. I know at 12.75 it sounds big but it plays more like a 12.5. Break in time was not bad at all, she was using it in games after 2.5wks. Really awesome glove. She chose it over an A2000.

The BV1961 & RV1961 are both solid choices as well.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD loves her 12" Vinci BV-1929L. Could be the last glove you ever buy if she takes care of it. Only downside is it takes awhile to break it. Since your DD pitches get the catcher to use it during bucket time and you can significantly shorten the break in period.

Jun 21, 2016
My DD loves her 12" Vinci BV-1929L. Could be the last glove you ever buy if she takes care of it. Only downside is it takes awhile to break it. Since your DD pitches get the catcher to use it during bucket time and you can significantly shorten the break in period.

Same here. Great glove.

Nov 11, 2013
The Vinci is definitely on the short list, along with a couple others. I hate that the only way for her to try on any of them is to order online and return. There's no where nearby that carries decent fastpitch gear.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Vinci is definitely on the short list, along with a couple others. I hate that the only way for her to try on any of them is to order online and return. There's no where nearby that carries decent fastpitch gear.

Same here where we live, I can source pants, sliding shorts, mouth guards, and batting gloves here locally. Gloves, bats, and cleats are ordered online and I don't think twice about it, in fact sometimes I think it's easier!

Jun 12, 2015
In general I love online shopping. She's so picky about gloves though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2016

Our local Dick's has probably 60 FP gloves and all but 5 are cheap Mizuno gloves. They have a couple okay Wilson gloves and 1 pretty nice Rawlings glove. Been that way since they opened it 4 years ago. They don't rotate stock in and out of that store at all. The local places are a mess.

Jun 12, 2015
We got her last glove at Dick's. Their selection was awful.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse