Which glove to buy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2014
Vinci 22" Series are a great midrange glove. But nothing wrong with that Mizuno - gloves are all about the feel, if she likes her current one, sticking with the same brand might be worth it.

Nov 2, 2015
Thanks everyone! I'm tempted to go w/ the Mizuno MVP, because she loves the feel of her current Mizuno. She's got the low end Jennie Finch model, and they just don't hold up with how much she uses them. We've gone through 2 in less than 2 years.

What style is best? It seems like the basket is better for pitching to hide the grip but I've seen people say they like the open weave styles for SS. She's used to the basket though she has a 1B glove she's used a little that has the open style.

For shortstop, an I-web is the way to go. It will have a shallower pocket for a quick transfer, and is supposed to stop spin on the ball.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Vinci 22" Series are a great midrange glove. But nothing wrong with that Mizuno - gloves are all about the feel, if she likes her current one, sticking with the same brand might be worth it.

Truth. As much as I've tried to get my DD to make a change to a higher-end catcher's mitt, she just feels "right" with a Mizuno (currently, MVP-series), even knowing it will have a limited life-span.

Jun 12, 2015
Truth. As much as I've tried to get my DD to make a change to a higher-end catcher's mitt, she just feels "right" with a Mizuno (currently, MVP-series), even knowing it will have a limited life-span.
Yeah, these kids know what they like.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 has used her Mizuno MVP for last 2 seasons. It's a great glove for the money. The only thing we don't like about it is the inside where her fingers go gets cracked and rough. I finally talked her into wearing her batting glove on her glove hand. We just ordered her an A2000 for this season.

May 28, 2014
DD2 has used her Mizuno MVP for last 2 seasons. It's a great glove for the money. The only thing we don't like about it is the inside where her fingers go gets cracked and rough. I finally talked her into wearing her batting glove on her glove hand. We just ordered her an A2000 for this season.

Get her one of these - she will thank you, that extra wrist padding is a lifesaver on those short hops :)

2015 REAKTR

May 24, 2013
So Cal

What I'm finding with the MVP series is that some have lined finger stalls and some don't. My DD's catcher's mitt doesn't, and the back side of the finger stall got rough pretty quickly. She hates the feel of an extra glove inside her mitt.

Jun 12, 2015
Since I can only buy one, we should go with a closed weave though, I think? Seems more crucial for the pitcher to hide the ball. She's done fine at ss with the closed weave so far.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00