Which glove to buy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Since I can only buy one, we should go with a closed weave though, I think? Seems more crucial for the pitcher to hide the ball. She's done fine at ss with the closed weave so far.

Not necessarily, 10 year old girls do not pick up on pitch grips, 3rd base coaches do and your DD can be taught to hide her grip with any glove you buy her. I personally don't like basket webs like what's on that Global Elite but I may buy my DD one because it's such a great deal on a very high quality glove. I do agree with MacLobo about a I-web, or H-web stopping the spin better than a basket, actually how true it is I have no idea. We'll have to ask Derek Jeter! And as far as fast transfer at SS, a 12" glove catching a 12" ball is plenty shallow enough.

Nov 11, 2013
We're also struggling with the 1 glove vs. 2 glove scenario, though my dd is a pitcher and outfielder. The budget won't allow for 2 high end, so it'll have to be one great utility glove or two good specialty gloves.

At 13, she's using the same glove she used at 9. She'll take as many new bats as someone will give her, but try to replace her glove and it's like you're stealing her soul.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We're also struggling with the 1 glove vs. 2 glove scenario, though my dd is a pitcher and outfielder. The budget won't allow for 2 high end, so it'll have to be one great utility glove or two good specialty gloves.

At 13, she's using the same glove she used at 9. She'll take as many new bats as someone will give her, but try to replace her glove and it's like you're stealing her soul.

IMO...For P and OF, I don't see the need for 2 gloves. Some IFs prefer a smaller glove, but a 12.5" (or maybe even 13") is fine for P and OF.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I got to see a new Vinci RV1961-L last Saturday, this girl is in the process of breaking it in, not game ready yet. Her dad handed it to me and of course I wouldn't put my hand in it, well I did up to the finger stalls and stopped. Really small hand and finger stalls and looks smaller than the listed 12.75" size. My first thought was this would make a great all-around utility glove, pitcher, infield, and outfield.

May 28, 2014
The 1961L is my go to glove for people who want the larger of the utility glove over the BV1929. Thats why the girls love Vinci's so much - nice snug finger stalls.

Jun 12, 2015
We decided to head over to Better Baseball today and try out some of these suggestions, see what she likes best. I'll let you know what she picks. :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Good deal - and if you want to try a Vinci - just let me know :)

D-

There you go grcsftbll, just make your DD understands how stiff Vinci's are new, it will not be a Miz MVP! I still remember clearly Anna was 12 when I handed her her new Vinci, she put it on her hand and said "what am I supposed to do with this, I can't even make it move"!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad