where to go from here? critique and direction wanted.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Needs more of this

THOkd9.gif

2jjBGA.gif

CpvuUZ.gif

And less of this

yM39ok.gif

Focus on the hands and arms.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
yM39ok.gif

Also going to need to address the 'level' swing with HC.
tumblr_o34mjbxR5O1usf292o1_250.gif

Also the sway 'all back, all forward' with the HC.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
yM39ok.gif

Also going to need to address the 'level' swing with HC.
tumblr_o34mjbxR5O1usf292o1_250.gif

Also the sway 'all back, all forward' with the HC.

Are you saying that this hitter should keep more weight on her back leg as she strides forward instead of shifting off of it too soon? Kind of all ties in together, doesn't it?

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks guys, as a result of your critique her hc and I looked at many of her swings using the "technique " app. We will be working on this. My dd is a very hard worker, she is very strong and hits the ball hard, however, she knows/ feels her swing could be better and more consistent. As far as getting too far forward, that's the first thing her hc pointed out (video), staying back will be in the agenda this week. https://youtu.be/rjDgboQxpJk

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Sorry Vol got busy with work...all these guys have good points. I wasn't ignoring you at all! And yes separation/stretch is when we stride and "separate" the movement of our hands from our stride foot in order to create torque, in a strong balanced launch position. She looks good overall but as a coach or parent we wanna use all we can to go yard!

Sent from my

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks! I was a tournament bass fisherman(weekend warrior) a year ago then softball came into our lives. I am learning as I go, my dd is actually the one who pushes me. As far as her skill, I am okay as long as she is happy, but she wants to be better and make a difference. Is this what softball dad life is?!!!

May 3, 2014
Butter,

That's the rear elbow movement I was trying to describe to you and teach to her.
Ever so subtle that it is, it's tough and perhaps unnecessary to instruct.

Yes - Pujols hands stay out away from his body. How many players/students would trap hands trying to emulate Pujols? Keep the hands out away and it almosts forces what you are after without over cooking it.