Whats the best Travel Tournament Vehicle ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2010
A, A
you got me beat!...Chevy 2500HD Silverado 4-door crew cab...11 MPG....8 MPG when I tow the camper!!

Right along with you T.J. Ford F250 with the 10 cylinder. If I get to 11 MPG I am one happy camper. Love my truck but I may have to break down and make a change.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Tell what will bring tears to your eyes, when the wife and I met I had a 90' Mustang GT that my father and I took out the old 302 and put in a GT40 Motorsports crate motor ( 375 hp ) and topped it off with a Turbonetics 15lb turbo charger ( +200 more horses ) and I had a single shot of NOS in the trunk ( +100 more ).

Almost 700hp to the rear wheels and got 17 mpg, daily driven with AC, power windows and locks, power steering. I still dream of that car a couple times a year and the fun I had. :)

Let me guess....the DW wouldn't let you put the car seat in there with the DD. :D

I was lucky enough to be able to keep my Harley and '72 Chev Blazer. Don't have the Blazer anymore, but still have the hog. It's not much of a tournament vehicle, tho.

Dec 7, 2011
Dare to say our president would not be too happy with all you MAJOR fossil fuel consumers.
In fact I think Al Gore is on his way to your house right now for discussion !
;-)

Jun 21, 2010
2011 Suburban. Been driving these for the last 7 years. 97 Expedition before the 2005 Suburban.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
I drive a Ford Flex. I don't get the best gas mileage (18-20 mpg), but I have plenty of room to carry all the "stuff" we need at a tournament.

Me, too. I love mine. My husband drives a GMC Acadia. He loved his vehicle until I got mine. Mine's more comfortable and fits more stuff.

I had a Freestyle before the Flex. A number of years ago, I hauled DD, 4 of her teammates (1 was a catcher), all 5 of their bat bags, 2 coolers and a pop up to a 2-day camp. All 3 rows of seats were occupied. I'm really good at maximizing space. I can do the same with loading a dishwasher and still get the dishes clean.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
A paid for car, who cares about where you park either. Foul balls , dirt, sweaty socks in the trunk and wet clothes. No losted keys either, no one even gives it a second look, just leave the keys in it. The dd's ball bag and the stuff in bat bag are worth more then the car. The bat bag goes with us. No car payments means more softball equipment, weekly lessons in the summer with Hillhouse and going to clinics, hours away on weekends during the winter.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
2004 Ford Explorer with 210K miles on it- pretty much drives by itself at this point. Does great on the highway, good visibility, has room for everything- gas mileage is reasonable depending on how fast I drive (not that I speed). Sometimes will take the Surburban- it is a '97 (260K) and refuses to die, it is let out for good behavior from time to time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles